SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uber/Lyft Driver Settings

2 posters

Go down

Uber/Lyft Driver Settings Empty Uber/Lyft Driver Settings

Post by MyVacationGuy Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:18 pm

As a recent Rideshare driver, I find that it would be extremely useful if I could send Music to my car's bluetooth (Music, Spotify, Pandora, etc.) and ALL Other audio (phone, notifications, ringers, etc.) to my bluetooth headset. If not, music to car bluetooth and navigation to my headset.

Is this possible?

MyVacationGuy

Back to top Go down

Uber/Lyft Driver Settings Empty Re: Uber/Lyft Driver Settings

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:15 pm

There are a lot of limitations in Android preventing any app from doing that.

1) Bluetooth A2DP and Bluetooth SCO at the same time. Bluetooth media and Bluetooth phone profiles will not actively send audio at the same time. When you get a phone call, Android will make Bluetooth A2DP (media) unavailable. Bluetooth phone call always has the priority. When SoundAbout sends audio to a Bluetooth headset, it must fake a phone call. So one Bluetooth connection must be suspended for the other one to work.

2) Notifications usually won't go over a Bluetooth SCO mono connection because most phones will disable notifications during a "phone call".

3) Media and Notification audio can't be split to go to different audio outputs. You would have to detect the notification (which is not possible without a status bar being shown), then play the notification audio (which would pause the media audio).

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyVacationGuy Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Ok, thank you for the reply.  So the only way to try to do this on one phone is to send music through the Aux cable and send all bluetooth to my headset? This might work, but I don't think I can control the songs (forward/back/pause) any more through my steering wheel controls nor can I see the names of the songs/artist/album displayed on the car radio/visual displays either... hmm.

MyVacationGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Another thing to know is that most apps are built to pause when a phone call occurs. Even if you are speaking on the Bluetooth headset, the music app will pause from broadcasting to the AUX cable.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down