SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car notifications with Android Wear Watch

2 posters

Go down

Car notifications with Android Wear Watch Empty Car notifications with Android Wear Watch

Post by billku Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi -- I've looked over the topics in the "How Do I..." section, and I can't seem to find my specific setup and/or it seems some of the instructions are a little outdated for more recent versions of the SoundAbout app as some of the menus have changed I'm assuming.  So here goes:  I'd love programs like out loud (reads your texts and Facebook messages over Bluetooth), Waze, etc. to be routed to my car speaker while I'm driving, but I don't want that same audio to be routed to my Huawei watch (which is connected by Bluetooth and has a speaker) under any circumstances, driving or not.  At the present (before I installed SoundAbout), my phone calls are properly routed to the car's Bluetooth and car speakers, but no other media audio (like Waze or Out Loud) is, even though I do have "media audio" checked in my car's Bluetooth setting connection options.  Can someone let me know the proper settings in SoundAbout?  Also a little confused about the differences between Bluetooth mono and Bluetooth A2DP.  Thanks so much in advance!!! EDIT: I should add that I use Google Hangouts for texts, in the case that TTS is an issue with that app...

billku

Back to top Go down

Car notifications with Android Wear Watch Empty Re: Car notifications with Android Wear Watch

Post by SoundAbout Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:51 pm

The watch probably connects using Bluetooth A2DP profile (media). The car has "media audio" so it also supports Bluetooth A2DP.

The phone will only send audio to one.

Bluetooth mono dynamic may miss the first two seconds of any audio that is send, so TTS may be better.

You could set the phone's Text-To-Speech engine to "SoundAbout TTS". The SoundAbout TTS "media audio" could be set to Bluetooth mono. The "delay utterance" could be 1.5 or 2 seconds.

There are directions for playing navigation over Bluetooth mono, but any app sending text to audio using TTS will also work with these directions:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t418-using-google-navigation-waze-or-co-pilot-and-even-ivona-for-the-voices

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Car notifications with Android Wear Watch Empty Re: Car notifications with Android Wear Watch

Post by billku Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:21 pm

I will give all of this a try and report back, thanks so much!

billku

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:08 am

OK, thank you.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down