SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soundabout Taking over audio profile settings

2 posters

Go down

Soundabout Taking over audio profile settings Empty Soundabout Taking over audio profile settings

Post by staceyd Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:17 pm

Hello

I am having a problem and I hope I can get some help. I will start by saying that I have once purpose for soundabout. I want ringtones and notifications to come through the speaker and headset at the same time when the headset is plugged in.

This works great when I have my audio profile set to normal for all ringtones/notifications.

I use a 3rd party app called audio profiles that allows me to set audio profiles for ringtones/notifications and then schedule them to change based on my criteria.

I have a audio profile set that turns on everyday at 1:00 when I am done work. It leaves my SMS/MMS, calls and voice mail notifications on and silences only email notifications. This works perfectly fine when soundabout is NOT running. As soon as soundabout is running and my phone changes to that profile I get no audible notifications at all. So it is defeating the purpose of the audio profile.

I need to have the audio come through the speaker when I am working so I can hear the phone when I walk away from my desk (headset is always plugged in). The only way I can achieve this is by manually turning on and off soundabout when I start and finish work. This means I need to remember to do that as well as reboot the phone if it is after 1:00. If the phone switches to no e- mail before I turn off soundabout it screws up my settings and they only come back after reboot.

Does anyone have a solution?

Info about phone: Nexus 6 Android 6.0.1.
Running Custom ROM Pure Nexus. It's the same on stalk image, moved to custom hoping it would have this feature I am looking for.
Pro version of soundabout

Thanks in advance

staceyd

Back to top Go down

Soundabout Taking over audio profile settings Empty Re: Soundabout Taking over audio profile settings

Post by SoundAbout Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:54 am

There are two different apps trying to change the same settings.

I'm guessing that audio profiles is using the text in the status notifications to determine what app is trying to send a notification.

It sounds like you need a time window for the SoundAbout alert settings?

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down