SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plugging in or unplugging headphones override settings?

2 posters

Go down

Plugging in or unplugging headphones override settings? Empty Plugging in or unplugging headphones override settings?

Post by Spiker90910 Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Hello,

So I have been a long-time user of SoundAbout, and currently use it to route all audio to my headset speaker. My question is - is there a way where you can set to make headphones override the setting, and when you unplug/disconnect, it goes back to using the headset speaker?

Spiker90910

Back to top Go down

Plugging in or unplugging headphones override settings? Empty Re: Plugging in or unplugging headphones override settings?

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 am

I'm not sure what you mean by a "headset speaker"? Do you have a 3.5mm cable plugged into the headset jack and into an external speaker?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Plugging in or unplugging headphones override settings? Empty Re: Plugging in or unplugging headphones override settings?

Post by Spiker90910 Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Well the way I have it set up is it routes all audio through the earpiece speaker (my actual speaker on the phone does not work) so I use that speaker to hear my audio. However when I want to use headphones, I would like it to automatically switch the audio to the headphones instead of continuing to route the audio to the earpiece speaker, and to reroute the audio back to the earpiece speaker when I disconnect the headphones.

Spiker90910

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:15 am

Ah, I see.

The media audio setting needs to force the audio so plugging in the wired headset can't change the audio if the media audio is set to something besides "Let app decide". People want media audio to force what ever setting that is set.

What I can do is allow the "Headset Toggle widget" override the Media Audio setting, when pressed to the ON setting.

The "Headset Toggle widget" can be press so that it says DETECT, OFF, ON.

Get the latest Beta version of SoundAbout and use the "Headset Toggle widget". Keep pressing until it says ON. When you are done with the wired headset, press the "Headset Toggle widget" until it says DETECT.

The latest Beta is here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

Let me know how it worked.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down