SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DISABLE/REMOVE Voice Search

2 posters

Go down

DISABLE/REMOVE Voice Search Empty DISABLE/REMOVE Voice Search

Post by phaax Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:58 am

I want an option to remove the voice search icon and disable all its features.

It's too easy to trigger this by accident and I don't even want to use it.

Make this thing OPTIONAL.
Thank you!

phaax

Back to top Go down

DISABLE/REMOVE Voice Search Empty Re: DISABLE/REMOVE Voice Search

Post by SoundAbout Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:04 am

It is optional. SoundAbout main app has a voice search behavior section that lets you choose a voice search activity for SoundAbout voice search. You can clear it out and choose the android default.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by phaax Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:22 am

SoundAbout wrote:It is optional.  SoundAbout main app has a voice search behavior section that lets you choose a voice search activity for SoundAbout voice search.   You can clear it out and choose the android default.

I do not have any default search - and thus no action to activate it either, normally! The Google one is removed, deleted, killed.

Installing SoundAbout enables this action (swipe up from navbar), which is a pain in the ass to say the least. If I have my navbar hidden and want to swipe to enable it... Guess what happens all too many times? A wild (yet unconfigured) SoundAbout Voice Search appears!

I say again, make it optional. As in - let me remove the darn thing. I paid for the rest of the app, but this I do not want - at all.

phaax

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:16 pm

When you (swipe up from navbar), are your referring to the action that normally opens Google Now?  

This action causes android to look for any app/activity that supports being an AssistActivity.  Google Now supports this, as does SoundAbout.  This is why Android asks if you would like to use SoundAbout once or always for this action.

I don't know if I can remove SoundAbout from that list programmatically, as that setting is put in the manifest file used to compile the application.  I will have to research that.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phaax Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Yes. That's what I'm referring to.

I don't have any other application that uses that kind of action, so I can't choose what I want it to do if I swipe up by accident. In earlier versions of SoundAbout it would start the voice search activity and sound would be rerouted in all the strange ways possible. Now in later versions it only opens the SoundAbout window and asks me to "Choose Voice Search" (which is empty btw). But it's still an inconvenience.

phaax

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:28 pm

Can you try the latest Beta that was just uploaded today?  When you swipe up and it asks for a default app, choose SoundAbout with ALWAYS.  You can always remove the default by going into Manage apps, click SoundAbout and click on "Clear Defaults".

After that, you can open this new version of SoundAbout.  Click on "Voice Search behavior".  It will have new setting called "Use SoundAbout Voice Search" that you can un-check.

The beta versions can be found here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down