SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I route Google Maps audio to Bluetooth (mono) and Music (eg. Google Play or Youtube) to A2DP?

Go down

Can I route Google Maps audio to Bluetooth (mono) and Music (eg. Google Play or Youtube) to A2DP? Empty Can I route Google Maps audio to Bluetooth (mono) and Music (eg. Google Play or Youtube) to A2DP?

Post by doorknob60 Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:01 pm

I leave my phone connected to my car bluetooth all the time, so I can use it if I get a call. It's also nice to see my cell signal and battery on my stereo display. I also listen to music on my phone sometimes, with A2DP. These things both work fine. Most of the time, I listen to music on my SiriusXM radio, not through my phone. Problem is, if I want to use Google Maps, or something like Google Now voice commands, my phone tries to send these sounds over A2DP. If my car is playing the radio (and not switched to the bluetooth input for my phone music), I won't hear anything at all. I found this app, which lets me route things over bluetooth (mono), which means it interrupts my radio, but then when I try to listen to actual music on my phone, it sounds like crap (since it's not using A2DP). Any ways around this?

doorknob60

Back to top Go down