SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

navigation not working over bluetooth

3 posters

Go down

navigation not working over bluetooth Empty navigation not working over bluetooth

Post by dhumbee Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Ok I'm new here...I just got the Samsung S4...My 2014 Subaru Forester has a basic hands free system. I can connect my phone to it easily and listen to music and make calls (even can use the svoice driving mode) My only beef is that when I go to use navigation (Google Maps or Scout) I see my music is muted, but no directions come out. I don't know if SoundAbout App can fix this for me. When I use my aux. cable navigation works great, but phone calls can't be heard and my steering wheel controls don't work either. For that reason I'd rather use bluetooth...but I do a lot of traveling and need navigation, so there a way I can do this?

dhumbee

Back to top Go down

navigation not working over bluetooth Empty Re: navigation not working over bluetooth

Post by SoundAbout Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:35 am

SoundAbout will change the default audio output to Bluetooth A2DP, so you could use the 3.5mm aux cable for Navigation and get phone call through Blueooth phone profile.  You would do this by either setting the SoundAbout "Media audio" setting to "Wired Headphones" or using the "Headset Toggle widget" and turning it ON to get audio through the headset jack to your car's AUX input.

Google Nav uses Text-To-Speech.   You could also try the Text-to-Speech settings in SoundAbout.  

You can set the "Text-To-Speech behavior",  "Audio Output" to:
1) Speaker - to get the Navigation from the speaker of the phone
2) Wired Headphones - to get the Navigation from the Car speaker through AUX 3.5mm input.
3) Bluetooth A2DP - If you car will support it (probably can't listen to car radio if using Bluetooth media in car)
4) Bluetooth Mono - If you car will support it, this will send TTS audio as a phone call so your car will stop the radio and play the Nav audio and then play the radio when done.  You will have to set the "Max Utterances per request" to One or Two because Google Navigation will ask for ALL the directions at the beginning of the trip.  You may have to put a "Delay utterance" of 1.5 to 2.0.

If you want to receive Beta versions of SoundAbout from Google play, follow the instructions in this post:

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t138-join-soundabout-beta-testers-google-group-to-get-beta-versions-from-google-play
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

navigation not working over bluetooth Empty Re: navigation not working over bluetooth

Post by sprechstein Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:25 am

Sounds like you have the same problem as others. Please also see this thread:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t114-android-422-htc-one-parrot-mki-9100-navigation-tts-not-working-via-radio-speakers#346

Are you also using android 4.2.2 on your S4?

sprechstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down