SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

App not functioning as advertised

2 posters

Go down

App not functioning as advertised Empty App not functioning as advertised

Post by criminalsmile Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm trying to get this up and running on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and it doesn't seem to be working.

1. The phone's headset recognition is still operating despite my having unchecked it.
  2. When the headset mode switches off, it permanently overrides the apps setting.

The only evidence I can find that the app is functioning at all is when I restart the phone and begin playing something without plugging in headphones. No sound comes out of the speaker, leading me to believe the app is sending it to the headphone jack.

The whole reason I need this app is that I'm trying to send audio from my S4 into a preamp, which does the classic "now you see it now you don't" Samsung Headset recognition fail. So this has rendered the app useless for me at this point. Any ideas?

criminalsmile

Back to top Go down

App not functioning as advertised Empty Re: App not functioning as advertised

Post by SoundAbout Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:51 pm

You have the "Wired Headset behavior" / "Wired headset detection" set to OFF.

Now, when you plug in headphones what happens? Does the audio play from the headphones or the phone speakers?
Keep in mind, other apps can also detect the headset being plugged in or out and respond. I can't control hot other apps respond.

When you say the headset mode switches off, do you mean when you unplug the headset or are you doing something else?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum