SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone audio and ringtones to BT Headset only?

2 posters

Go down

Phone audio and ringtones to BT Headset only? Empty Phone audio and ringtones to BT Headset only?

Post by mbuckner Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

First I apologize for asking a "newbie" type question. I have searched and have come short on finding an answer. I have the latest version of SoundAbout and SoundAbout Pro installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I am trying to get SoundAbout set up so that when I have BT turned on and my BT headset connected, ringtones are not played thru the speaker, and any/all phone or text audio/notifications, etc. are played thru my BT headset.

My phone is running Android 4.3 (rooted)

I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro Headset and my SoundAbout settings (after a lot of failed trial and error) are:
SoundAbout Service - On-Auto restart
Media Audio - Bluetooth (mono)
Phone call Audio - Bluetooth (mono)
Notification behavior - Notifications to Speaker & Ringtones to Speaker are unchecked
Bluetooth Behavior - all options are checked (which probably do not need to be)

I have also tried muting the phone and placing it on vibrate with the settings above to no avail.

If someone could give me a push in the right direction on how to get it set so sound is only going to my headset I and my cubicle-mates would be greatly appreciative.

mbuckner

Back to top Go down

Phone audio and ringtones to BT Headset only? Empty Re: Phone audio and ringtones to BT Headset only?

Post by SoundAbout Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:51 pm

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/voyager-pro#news
If this is the headset, then it probably doesn't support Bluetooth A2DP, so getting notifications is unlikely.

The only way to get media audio to play on a Bluetooth mono headset, is to get the phone into "phone call" mode.  This usually stops notifications from going to a Bluetooth phone headset as you normally wouldn't want to get interrupted during a phone call.

You have "Media Audio" set to "Bluetooth (mono)".  This means that you are trying to get all media to play on a Bluetooth headset meant for phone calls.  
It probably won't work for notifications as mentioned above.  
It "may" work for music depending on the source of the music.  Bluetooth mono audio has to meet certain criteria to work and music typically has to be downgraded to voice quality for Bluetooth mono.  
It should work for things like pod-casts.

This blurb was on a message board:
Even if a SCO connection is established, the following restrictions apply on audio output streams so that they can be routed to SCO headset: - the stream type must be STREAM_VOICE_CALL - the format must be mono - the sampling must be 16kHz or 8kHz

Phone call audio - You could leave this on "Let app decide" as it will find the Bluetooth mono connection by default.

Notification behavior - That sounds correct, if you don't want notifications or ringtone to play on speaker as well as the current media audio output.

Bluetooth Behavior - You probably don't want all options checked.  

If you are going to set "Media audio" to "Bluetooth (mono)" then set the Bluetooth behavior settings as follows:
Bluetooth Auto Enable - checked
(A2DP) Media audio usage - checked  (in case you ever use A2DP quality device)
(Mono) Media audio usage - un-checked as media audio set to Bluetooth (mono) will override this.
(Dynamic) Media audio usage - unchecked
(Mono) microphone override - unchecked
Phone call audio usage - checked
Disable wired audio - checked
Bluetooth disconnect audio - checked or unchecked

If you are going to set "Media audio" to "Let app decide" and want Bluetooth (mono) to be used for media when the headset is turned on and connected to the phone, then set the Bluetooth behavior settings as follows:
(A2DP) Media audio usage - checked  (in case you ever use A2DP quality device)
(Mono) Media audio usage - checked to automatically use for media audio.  "Media Audio" setting must be "Let app decide".
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Phone audio and ringtones to BT Headset only? Empty Re: Phone audio and ringtones to BT Headset only?

Post by mbuckner Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Thank you for the quick reply - I stand corrected I have a Voyager Legend (not a pro) which I believe does support Streaming audio (A2DP) - my apologies for the mistake.

mbuckner

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:40 am

If it is A2DP then you can set "Media audio" to "Let app decide" and have Bluetooth A2DP to be used for media when the headset is turned on and connected to the phone, then set the Bluetooth behavior settings as follows:
(A2DP) Media audio usage - checked  (will use A2DP when it is connected if media audio is set to "Let app decide")
(Mono) Media audio usage - unchecked
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down