SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Input through speakerphone microphone + output through headphones jack

4 posters

Go down

Input through speakerphone microphone + output through headphones jack Empty Input through speakerphone microphone + output through headphones jack

Post by Vlood27 Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi!

I am using a Nexus 5, and I wish to connect it to the car using an aux cable in order to listen to music and for taking calls while driving.

When I answer a call without using SoundAbout and with the sound output through my cars speakers the person at the other end hears an echo of its own voice. This does not occur when using the phone's speakerphone, so i suppose there is an echo cancelling mechanism working.

1. Will SoundAbout enable me to use the speakerphone's microphone and output the call sound through my car speakers(aux cable) in the same time? This should solve my problem and cancel the echo.
2. Is it possible to implement as a feature?
3. Are you interested in implementing it in the near future?

Thank you!

Vlood27

Back to top Go down

Input through speakerphone microphone + output through headphones jack Empty Re: Input through speakerphone microphone + output through headphones jack

Post by SoundAbout Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:43 pm

I would like to do that but the only way I know of to get the rear (speakerphone) microphone to work is to actually use the speakerphone. There is no separate setting to turn that microphone on/off. The Android policy manager does it internally when the speakerphone is activated.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Input through speakerphone microphone + output through headphones jack Empty Re: Input through speakerphone microphone + output through headphones jack

Post by Reenen Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:23 am

Hi,

Yeah I am wondering the same thing. My front mic seems to have broken (or it's a software issue). So my mic only works when it's on speaker. So at the moment it's not possible choose to have the phone use the speaker mic, even when the phone is not on speaker.

(So my mic works for skype and calls when on speaker, else it does not). Not even whatsapp. :/

Reenen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:57 pm

It would be nice if the rear microphone could be turned on without being in speakerphone mode. Unfortunately, the two seem to go hand in hand.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kkeong Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:57 am

Has there been an update or workaround for this issue?

I have a Samsung S5, but it sounds like similar symptoms with Nexus 5 above.

My S5 phone's bottom microphone is broken. The speaker (top) microphone works fine. Is there a way for SoundAbout to route all microphone use to top microphone for ALL apps?

When I plugged in a headset, the microphone on headset takes over, so no more mic problems.

Phone app uses bottom microphone by default. Unless if switch to speaker mode. But I'd like to be able to take phone calls with no headset. Please help.

Kkeong

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:08 pm

Unfortunately,  the Android audio policy manager selects audio input based on audio output.   This means that if the wired headset is plugged in and used, Android will use the wired headset microphone (if available).  If a wired headphone (no mic) is plugged in, then Android uses the phone's built-in microphone.

The Android audio policy manager will only allow the 2nd microphone when you are in a phone call and on speaker phone mode or during recording situations.  

The function to set the audio source as "camcorder", to get the 2nd microphone is  setAudioSource:
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/MediaRecorder.html#setAudioSource(int)

The value for setAudioSource would be CAMCORDER:
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/MediaRecorder.AudioSource.html#CAMCORDER

To do this, you phone would be constantly recording, so this is not an option.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down