SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GS4 Alarm via speaker not working

2 posters

Go down

GS4 Alarm via speaker not working Empty GS4 Alarm via speaker not working

Post by jakedeg Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:44 am

I was very excited to find SoundAbout as it seems it should solve my problem. But I can't seem to get the "Notifications to Speaker" feature to work. I can switch the Media output to speaker and that works fine for everything, but when I change that back to "Let App Decide", the alarm only plays through the USB dock and not through the internal speaker. This is a problem because the speakers connected to my dock are off overnight, so if the alarm doesn't play through the phone speaker, I won't hear it and won't wake up!

Or could you add a separate Notification audio chooser in addition to "Media" and "Phone call"? Then I could have notifications always play through the speaker.

The other solution to this (though not quite as graceful) would be if it's possible for you to include a toggle widget for Dock Audio like you have for headphone audio, Then I could leave dock audio off and only turn it on when I specifically wanted to listen to something via the dock. Still, if I forget to switch it back, late for work...

I am currently using the trial version but would gladly pay if I can get this feature to work.

jakedeg

Back to top Go down

GS4 Alarm via speaker not working Empty Re: GS4 Alarm via speaker not working

Post by SoundAbout Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:44 pm

When you plug into the dock, the media audio setting on "let app decide" allows SoundAbout to detect the dock being connected and switches the audio to DOCK.

You can either set media audio to "speaker" or you can go into the "Dock/USB behavior" section and un-check the "Analog Dock audio usage" and "Digital Dock audio usage".
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down