SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google search problems, overrides soundabout settings

2 posters

Go down

Google search problems, overrides soundabout settings Empty Google search problems, overrides soundabout settings

Post by rochabian Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:37 am

Just a thing about Google voice search, it overrides Soundabout settings.
Example : i play music through hedphones then do a Google search with the internal mic and then all the sounds (music too) goes to speaker when google search is launched.
I have to unplug/replug headphone to restore the soundabout settings and music returns to headphones

Tested with last stable and beta versions, it's the same

What coan be wrong?

rochabian

Back to top Go down

Google search problems, overrides soundabout settings Empty Re: Google search problems, overrides soundabout settings

Post by SoundAbout Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:39 am

I will have to test that.  How are you initiating Google voice search?  

Do you use Google Now, or the generic voice search icon?

Also, does the voice search app have any settings? It may have a setting that says to respond to speaker.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Google search problems, overrides soundabout settings Empty Re: Google search problems, overrides soundabout settings

Post by rochabian Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 am

With the generic search icon

In fact i listen to music in my car with wired headphone (no mic) and when i try to do a vocal search, internal mic is used, so it's a good point,but then the music return to speaker instead of beeing routed to headphone again
It seems that it's not possible to use internal mic in the same time as headphone (no mic)
Tested with Archos 50 Platinum

When i got a call when listen to music, ringtone and voice of the caller is routed to headphone,so it's good but internal mic doesn't work when i take the call so callers doesn't hear me.....
Each time i get a call or do a vocal search, i have to unplug/plug the headphone cable to restore the settings

rochabian

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 am

I just tried listening to Google Play music with headphones (no mic). I do a generic voice search and it always pauses music, brings up a browser and the music continues.

In your case, I don't know if it is the voice search that is switching the audio or if the music app is detecting the voice search and switching the audio.
What music app do you have?

I also tested receiving a phone call, with with headphones (no mic). I can hear the other person, and I speak into the phone internal microphone and they can hear me. I am running the latest Beta of SoundAbout, so you could try that located here (restart phone after installing):
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

This could be behavior baked in from Archos. Sometimes there are some strange differences with certain manufacturers. Does the phone have another layer on top of Android?
For example, HTC has Sense, Samsung has TouchWiz, Motorola has Motoblur...etc. In these cases, then only way around it is to root the phone and install a ROM that gets rid of the extra layer.

Those instructions can be found after searching for your phone on XDA developers forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rochabian Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:45 am

I use google play music

I've tested with Archos 50 platinum & Karbonn S4 wich use the same hardware and it does the same, perhaps drivers need to be modified
Archos has released the rom in february so perhaps modders will come into that model
I don't know if its Android 4.1 related....Do you heard about this problem before?
I'll try with another music app

rochabian

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:54 am

I have not heard of the issue. Another thing to try is set the SoundAbout service setting to "ON- Foreground".

Then go into the "notification behavior" section (changed to Alert behavior in Beta), and turn ON the "Status bar notification" setting (shouldn't be disabled if not on Android 4.3+).

Now when you are listening to music, the status bar SoundAbout icon will tell you where the audio is being routed (if you drag notifications down). After you do the voice search, so if this notification changes or if SoundAbout thinks you are still using the headphones. This will tells us if something else is overriding the audio settings (not SoundAbout).
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rochabian Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:21 am

So when i use a music player, in the status bar there is "Wired headphones in use for media"

Then i do a vocal search, and internal mic is used and music is switched to speaker.

In the notification bar, nothing has changed, always "wired headphones in use for media" but music is played on the speaker.

I've tested with different media player : idem

With different voice search app : idem

rochabian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down