SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth Headset cuts off the TV sound

2 posters

Go down

Bluetooth Headset cuts off the TV sound Empty Bluetooth Headset cuts off the TV sound

Post by snakemetal Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:18 am

Hi
I have an android r89 tv box running 4.4.2
I have recently bought some Bluetooth headphones as i am a bit hard of hearing
When i play a movie with the bluetooth headphones connected the sound only comes through the headphones and not the TV which is connected via the HDMI. I want to watch a movie with my wife, she will listen via the TV speakers and me via the bluetooth headphones

I have looked at every possible audio setting and sound manager app i can find and nothing works
Does your Pro version enable me to have sound via both bluetooth and the default HDMI speaker?
thanks

snakemetal

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth Headset cuts off the TV sound Empty Re: Bluetooth Headset cuts off the TV sound

Post by SoundAbout Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:38 pm

Is this the scenario?

1] The phone is connected to the TV via HDMI.
2] The phone is using Bluetooth audio connected to your headset.
3] Sound only comes through the Bluetooth headset.

This makes sense as the Android audio policy manager only allows audio output to one source at a time.

Does the TV itself have Bluetooth capability that may allow both the Bluetooth and the TV speaker?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth Headset cuts off the TV sound Empty Re: Bluetooth Headset cuts off the TV sound

Post by snakemetal Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:48 am

Hi yes that is the scenario and no my TV does not have bluetooth

Is there any way around Androids audio policy to enable audio output to two sources?

snakemetal

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Maybe with an updated kernel. This would require a custom ROM and a rooted phone. Even then, I haven't heard of anyone doing this.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down