SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All audio to wired headphones when in car

2 posters

Go down

All audio to wired headphones when in car Empty All audio to wired headphones when in car

Post by hubert_cumberdale Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:41 am

I have a Motorola Moto G (2nd generation) running Android Lollipop 5.0.2. and the latest SoundAbout Beta version.

I have been using SoundAbout for several months now, but haven't been able to get it to do quite what I want. Which is to brute force all audio output to my car's speakers when plugged in using a stereo cable in the headphone jack.

The problem I am facing lies in the fact that SoundAbout tries to "detect" the audio all the time, which it often gets wrong. Detection won't work for me because I have had to hack my car stereo (as it doesn't have an aux input) by playing aux input over the CD channel. This is the reason why I need SoundAbout in the first place as Android is unable to detect something has been plugged into the headphone jack, but it appears SoundAbout is unable to do so either.

So what I was hoping for was to just force all audio output, no matter what, over the headphone jack and not try to detect. If I change "Media audio" setting from let app decide to wired headphones it does sort of work. However, the setting does get overridden sometimes for some reason, plus it's not very convenient to delve into settings when I'm driving. So I was very happy to learn about the widget option, but unfortunately this turns out to be a toggle for detection of audio and not a toggle to force it into a certain mode. The detection does not work very well at all (I have to keep toggling the widget several times) and it also gives up if I pause my music. And it goes absolutely crazy if I receive a phone call, it does not know what to do at all!

TL;DR: I'm looking for a quick convenient way to toggle brute force all phone audio to wired headphones when I'm driving with no attempt to detect what's going on.

Is there a way to achieve what I want? If so, how please? Pro version? I'll happily pay if it works! If not, can I request this feature for a future version please? Thanks.

hubert_cumberdale

Back to top Go down

All audio to wired headphones when in car Empty Re: All audio to wired headphones when in car

Post by SoundAbout Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:51 am

Do you have a headset wired plugged into the phone and also into the stereo?

The widget toggle switched to ON is supposed to force the audio to the wired headset output. There could have been a bug introduced while re-factoring the code.

There might be an issue where the plug is moving when you hit bumps and the phone detects that the wire is "unplugged". I will double check the plug/unplug code to see if that action is over-riding the media audio setting.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

All audio to wired headphones when in car Empty Re: All audio to wired headphones when in car

Post by hubert_cumberdale Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:01 am

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. It's just an ordinary 3.5mm stereo audio cable, one end plugged into the headphone jack of my phone and the other end into my car stereo.

It could be detecting the wire as unplugged when driving (although it seems secure to me). However, this was my original question - how to do away with all the detection and just force audio output over the wired headphone no matter what. Is this possible please?

Just to be thorough, I followed your instructions when installing the latest beta version earlier about clearing the cache/data and uninstalling first. Now I notice that some more options have appeared possibly to do with the Pro version trial? One option under Connectable devices > Wired headset settings > Wired headset detection looks to me like it might do what I want. Is this the case? I won't have a chance to test it until later today.

hubert_cumberdale

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Yes, that setting is supposed to ignore headset detection.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down