SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

co-pilot directions to speaker while connected to car bluetooth

2 posters

Go down

co-pilot directions to speaker while connected to car bluetooth Empty co-pilot directions to speaker while connected to car bluetooth

Post by flat6estate Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:36 am

I'm trying to re-direct the co-pilot directions and warning sounds to the phone speaker while my phone is connected to my car bluetooth (for calls and media).
It always plays via a2dp, and never via the phone speaker on my Xperia Z3.

Can anyone help please?

flat6estate

Back to top Go down

co-pilot directions to speaker while connected to car bluetooth Empty Re: co-pilot directions to speaker while connected to car bluetooth

Post by SoundAbout Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:03 pm

You want follow these instructions except that you will set the SoundAbout TTS media audio to speaker instead of Bluetooth.
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t418-using-google-navigation-waze-or-co-pilot-and-even-ivona-for-the-voices
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

co-pilot directions to speaker while connected to car bluetooth Empty Re: co-pilot directions to speaker while connected to car bluetooth

Post by flat6estate Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:13 pm

I have added my comments below in italics. Can you please be of more assistance?

1] Restart phone after installing new SoundAbout Beta
I have the lastest version from the playstore is that current enough
2] Open SoundAbout
3] Set "Media audio" to "Let app decide"
4] Click on "Text-To-Speech behavior"
5] Set your media audio (Bluetooth  mono).  Configure your delay (2.5).
5 is where i get lost, there is no media audio under TTS behaviour
6] If using Co-Pilot, the max utterance can be unlimited.  For Google Navigation, it should be 2.
7] Click on "Android TTS Settings" to choose TTS engine.  Click and choose SoundAbout TTS.
8] Click BACK button
9] Click on "SoundAbout TTS Engine" (this could be done in screen from #4 as well). If prompted, use SoundAbout TTS
I dont get prompted, the only option is google TTS
10] For the the internal SoundAbout TTS "TTS Engine", choose IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ"
Where is this option for IVONA? I can't seem to find it. Is it because google TTS is my only option?
11] Click BACK button
12] You can click on "Android TTS Settings" again.  Notice the SoundAbout TTS has a settings icon next to it.  If you click on that, you can change languages....etc.  You can even change the real "TTS engine" from #7

Co-Pilot:
1] Go into Co-Pilot and then go into Co-Pilot settings.
2] Click on "Language & Voice.  
3] Choose your language
4] In the next screen, you should see com.woodslink.android.wiredheadpho... (choose this)
I don't see this option from #4
5] Off you go

Last edited by flat6estate on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

flat6estate

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:40 pm

I have added my comments below in italics. Can you please be of more assistance?

1] Restart phone after installing new SoundAbout Beta
I have the lastest version from the playstore is that current enough
2] Open SoundAbout
3] Set "Media audio" to "Let app decide"
4] Click on "Text-To-Speech behavior"
5] Set your media audio (Bluetooth  mono).  Configure your delay (2.5).
5 is where i get lost, there is no media audio under TTS behaviour
It is called Media Output. I fixed the directions. You want to set it to (Speaker)
6] If using Co-Pilot, the max utterance can be unlimited.  For Google Navigation, it should be 2.
7] Click on "Android TTS Settings" to choose TTS engine.  Click and choose SoundAbout TTS.
8] Click BACK button
9] Click on "SoundAbout TTS Engine" (this could be done in screen from #4 as well). If prompted, use SoundAbout TTS
I dont get prompted, the only option is google TTS
I updated this in the instructions. It is an Android from to use SoundAbout ONCE or ALWAYS. You may not get it
10] For the the internal SoundAbout TTS "TTS Engine", choose IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ"
Where is this option for IVONA? I can't seem to find it. Is it because google TTS is my only option?
Google TTS is find. I used IVONA in the example
11] Click BACK button
12] You can click on "Android TTS Settings" again.  Notice the SoundAbout TTS has a settings icon next to it.  If you click on that, you can change languages....etc.  You can even change the real "TTS engine" from #7

Co-Pilot:
1] Go into Co-Pilot and then go into Co-Pilot settings.
2] Click on "Language & Voice.  
3] Choose your language
4] In the next screen, you should see com.woodslink.android.wiredheadpho... (choose this)
I don't see this option from #4
I see John, Lisa, and US english - com.woodslink.android.wiredheadsetphone... You may have to do the SoundAbout step #7 above first.
5] Off you go
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flat6estate Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:55 pm

While not connected to bluetooth (I now testing from my house) if i select John or Lisa, and hit test, i can here the voice from the phone speaker.

If I select com.woodslink.android.wiredheadsetphone... and hit test , I can't here any voice from the phone speaker at all

flat6estate

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:19 pm

The test in Copilot will only use their built in voices.  I don't know why.  I just tried it and got the same results as you, but when I go into

1] Open SoundAbout
2] Click on "Text-To-Speech behavior"
3] Click on "Android TTS Settings"
4] Make sure "SoundAbout TTS" is set.
5] Press "Listen to Example"  

That will play the test.

Now in CoPilot:
You may have to enter a destination and press GO.  Sometimes when I'm at home and not moving it doesn't play the direction right away.  I click on the 6 square dots to open the menu, click on "Directions", and click on the direction at the top of the screen to have it play the audio.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flat6estate Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:35 pm

Thankyou so much for your help.
I must have had some issue with the soundabout TTS. After uninstalling and reinstalling soundabout to resolve, the voice guidance by phone speaker now seems to be working.

Is there any way to get the co-pilot speed alert warning to come through the phone as well? Its one warning that is definately handy to be able to hear.

flat6estate

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:22 am

I haven't tried the speed alert.  I think that the alert my be a pre-recorded warning that is played directly (not through Text-To-Speech).   This means there is no way for SoundAbout to know that the warning is about to play (so it can switch the audio).

I found the following post, with comment, showing how someone found the alert file and wants to delete it or replace it with an empty sound.

http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/4429-how-disable-speed-warning-alerts-copilot-live-laptop

I found the .WAV speedwarning under APP/audio. Would I just delete it?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down