SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failure to stop notifications over speaker appears to be due to SA not identifying A2DP

2 posters

Go down

Failure to stop notifications over speaker appears to be due to SA not identifying A2DP Empty Failure to stop notifications over speaker appears to be due to SA not identifying A2DP

Post by jongs Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:06 am

Have been having a lot of problems recently. With version 2.6.5.3 My S5 started crashing and so I installed beta 2.6.5.5 which was more stable but notifiations kept coming out of speaker as well as bluetooth PL M90. Just got a NOte 4 and after a couple of days same is happening.

I now notice that the SA status bar is showing Bluetooth mono headset when things go wrong. After a phone restart it shows correctly as A2DP. This is happening with car bluetooth as well so neither phone or device specific issue.

It seems to be that After a phone restart it it shows A2DP as soon as a call is made it switches to Bluetooth mono for phone call. After the phone call is over it stays the same. Both turning SA off and even clearing the cahce and forcing a stop and restarting makes no difference, , stopping bluetooth and restarting doesn;t help either, (SA shows built in earpiece) but as soon as bluetooth is on again it reverts to mono phone phone call. only a phone restart helps.

I can;t even do a workaround by setting the bluetooth notification in mono because one can only choose vibrate there.

Android 5.0.1

Thanks for your help, Jon

jongs

Back to top Go down

Failure to stop notifications over speaker appears to be due to SA not identifying A2DP Empty Re: Failure to stop notifications over speaker appears to be due to SA not identifying A2DP

Post by SoundAbout Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:21 pm

I just uploaded a new Beta version.

Can you download it and try it out from here. Restart the phone after installing:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Failure to stop notifications over speaker appears to be due to SA not identifying A2DP Empty Update re older version

Post by jongs Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:42 am

I uninstalled and installed 2.6.11 and things are looking much better. SA correctly recognises switch to bluetooth mono during a phone call and then goes back to A2DP when phone call is over.

jongs

Back to top Go down

Failure to stop notifications over speaker appears to be due to SA not identifying A2DP Empty report on 2.6.5.6

Post by jongs Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:53 am

Many thanks. Obviously I had reverted back to 2.6.1.1 before your last post.

I have just installed 2.6.5.6 and it seems to have done the trick. I have only just put it on but have made three calls and SA switched back to A2DP correctly. This never happened with 2.6.5.5 so although I will obviously monitor and provide feedback I think you have sorted it.

Once again many thanks for your speedy support of this app which an Android phone usable for me. Without it I would be lost.

all the best, Jon

jongs

Back to top Go down

Failure to stop notifications over speaker appears to be due to SA not identifying A2DP Empty Re: Failure to stop notifications over speaker appears to be due to SA not identifying A2DP

Post by SoundAbout Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 am

Someone else reported that the latest version is not detecting Bluetooth A2DP correctly,  so I am still looking at a possible issue.

I think that issue relates to the Alert behavior for notifications when using Bluetooth A2DP.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down