SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanting to hear "ok google" responses in BT A2DP earpiece

2 posters

Go down

Wanting to hear "ok google" responses in BT A2DP earpiece Empty Wanting to hear "ok google" responses in BT A2DP earpiece

Post by Carllind Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:56 pm

I think I have worked through all my settings for SA with my Samsung S5 and Jabra BT earpiece. There is one I cannot work out.
I cannot hear any audio responses from google search in my earpiece, so it requires looking down at the phone to answer requests.
Input from the BT earpiece works ok and I receive audio from phone calls, and audio from app called "Readit to Me" and other notifications.
In SA voice search behavior, I am using SoundAbout with Googlequicksearchbox.VoiceSearchActivity selected. I don't know if that is correct but that is a tough configuration for a novice to understand :)It appears to be working.....
Is it possible to get Google audio responses in my A2DP BT earpiece?
Carllind

Carllind

Back to top Go down

Wanting to hear "ok google" responses in BT A2DP earpiece Empty Re: Wanting to hear "ok google" responses in BT A2DP earpiece

Post by SoundAbout Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:41 pm

If you want to ask Google Now something, and you are using Bluetooth A2DP, then you must speak into the phone microphone as Bluetooth A2DP profile doesn't support audio input via the microphone.

The headset most likely supports both Bluetooth A2DP and Bluetooth SCO (mono), so it should be working and going through the Bluetooth (mono) connection.

Google treats the Google Now audio like a notification. This means that if your phone is on silent or vibrate mode, you might not hear the Google Now response (depends on phone/Android). Is you phone on vibrate or silent?

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Wanting to hear "ok google" responses in BT A2DP earpiece Empty BT A2DP profile app

Post by Carllind Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks for quick reply.
I do not have vibrate or silent on at any time with my S5.
That is not the news I wanted to hear. I thought BT earpiece would intercept all phone and notification sounds and earpiece microphone would intercept phone mike.
Don't you think,if wearing an earpiece,that is the way it should be( even with Google now)? Where is app that changes the BT A2DP profile--I would buy that in a flash:)

Carllind

Back to top Go down

Wanting to hear "ok google" responses in BT A2DP earpiece Empty Re: Wanting to hear "ok google" responses in BT A2DP earpiece

Post by SoundAbout Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:28 pm

It's odd that it is not working the way you have it configured.

I see that you have this setting correctly set:

Carllind wrote:
In SA voice search behavior, I am using SoundAbout with Googlequicksearchbox.VoiceSearchActivity selected.

When you attempt a Google Now search, how are you triggering Google Now?

SoundAbout Voice Search has a separate Icon to trigger this. Are you pressing the SoundAbout Voice Search icon?

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wanting to hear "ok google" responses in BT A2DP earpiece Empty voice search icon works well

Post by Carllind Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Really? SONOFA B
I was not using the Voice search icon. Now everything appears to work.  
Embarassed

Thanks!

Carllind

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:02 pm

OK, good. You need to use that icon to tell SoundAbout when you are trying to do a search.
Unfortunately, Google Now does not provide an Intent (event) that I can listen to so that you can just trigger Google Now normally.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down