SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Force music through USB DAC even when BT a2dp connected?

2 posters

Go down

Force music through USB DAC even when BT a2dp connected? Empty Force music through USB DAC even when BT a2dp connected?

Post by colmor Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:41 pm

I have a nexus7 installed in my car with the custom Timur OTG+Charge kernel. I can play music fine through a USB DAC via OTG.
When I pair the tablet to a bt a2dp device, all music gets routed to the a2dp device and nothing through the USB DAC.
What I want to do is force all music to keep playing through the USB DAC even when an a2dp device is paired.
I have paid for the pro version thinking this would do it but I can't seem to get it to do what I want no matter what settings I try.
I know it may sound weird what I'm asking to do, but I just need this configuration to work. Is it possible with your app?

Thanks-
Colin

colmor

Back to top Go down

Force music through USB DAC even when BT a2dp connected? Empty Re: Force music through USB DAC even when BT a2dp connected?

Post by SoundAbout Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:34 am

I haven't had time to answer questions in a while.

You probably can't automate it, but you could either:

1) Switch the "Media audio" setting to "USB Host"
2) Leave "Media audio" setting on "Let App decide",
but set "Connectable devices" / "Bluetooth Settings" / Media audio behavior" / "Bluetooth (A2DP) auto usage" to OFF (unchecked).
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down