SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TALKING NAVIGATION DOESNT WORK THROUGH speakers when listening to radio or cd only through bluetooth channel

2 posters

Go down

TALKING NAVIGATION DOESNT WORK THROUGH speakers when listening to radio or cd only through bluetooth channel Empty TALKING NAVIGATION DOESNT WORK THROUGH speakers when listening to radio or cd only through bluetooth channel

Post by abg Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi I downloaded your app, it does almost what I need it to do. I would like to buy it but I need to make sure it can do something which I couldn’t figure out. I have been trying to find a way to use my phones talking navigation through my Bluetooth in my car even when listening to the radio,and not having to be on the Bluetooth mode in my car, or going through an aux input. So your app worked for that, I don’t remember exactly what I did to get to that setting but it worked. The only problem I had was if I would put   this setting on my phone, then, when I played my music from my phone through the Bluetooth of my car, I got very poor sound quality. I know there are different options for mono and stereo. Im pretty sure I played with all the settings, but I couldn’t get this to work properly. Maybe theres something that you could tell me that would work. I would definitely buy it if you can get this to work for me.please let me know what you think .

abg

Back to top Go down

TALKING NAVIGATION DOESNT WORK THROUGH speakers when listening to radio or cd only through bluetooth channel Empty Re: TALKING NAVIGATION DOESNT WORK THROUGH speakers when listening to radio or cd only through bluetooth channel

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:40 am

You were probably using Bluetooth mono or Bluetooth mono dynamic.  This will send the audio via Bluetooth phone profile which is mono and is poor quality.  It is meant for speech and not music.  The problem is that it will try to send any audio to that profile including music.

The SoundAbout Beta version has a new setting for routing Text To Speech audio.  

It is mentioned as item #3 HERE

Look for the latest Beta instructions HERE

The new TTS settings include a Text To speech wrapper to route TTS audio through SoundAbout.  In the settings you can choose the same TTS engine that does the actual work.

The SoundAbout Text-To-Speech behavior settings I use for Google Navigation include:

1) Android TTS Settings = SoundAbout TTS
2) Audio Output = Bluetooth (mono)
3) Max Utterance per request = Two
4) Delay utterance (secs) = 1.5 seconds
5) Allow background audio = checked to keep music player alive so it won't pause during directions.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down