SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talkatone - No on-board mic for incoming calls

2 posters

Go down

Talkatone - No on-board mic for incoming calls Empty Talkatone - No on-board mic for incoming calls

Post by funfixer Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:16 pm

I have a rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2 with 4.2.2 Android and use Talkatone with wifi to make free calls. It works fantastically except for incoming calls. They can't hear me using the on-board mic! I've used SoundAbout successfully in the past week but now no matter what I do, nothing works to get the on-board mic working for incoming calls. Sometimes it works if I plug in/out the headset plug. Sometimes it works only if I plug in the headset and use the headset. I just installed SVOX TTS for my IGO navigation which froze Talkatone. I rebooted and now everything's back to normal except the mic is off for incoming calls to Talkatone. I do notice that Talkatone allows number pad inputs to be heard - maybe because it's software driven and not hardware (mic)? Also I just updated SoundAbout and Talkatone which may have contributed to the problem. Sometimes the mic does work for incoming calls - but I never know when. I've contacted Talkatone and they said to use the headset. Suppose I don't have a headset - suppose I want to use the phone like a normal phone? Always using the headset is not an option. I was hoping that SoundAbout could fix this.

funfixer

Back to top Go down

Talkatone - No on-board mic for incoming calls Empty Re: Talkatone - No on-board mic for incoming calls

Post by funfixer Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:06 pm

I just uninstalled Talkatone. I'm now using Mo+ GVoice which seems to be pretty good but the settings are lacking. The mic works fine - except when I press speaker phone. Then they can't hear me no matter what button I press. I've tried other similar apps with similar results. It must be some problem with the phone's configuration.

funfixer

Back to top Go down

Talkatone - No on-board mic for incoming calls Empty Re: Talkatone - No on-board mic for incoming calls

Post by SoundAbout Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Apps like Talk-A-Tone can mess with the mic and/or speakerphone settings. I've tried switching the built-in mic before and what happens is that the app freezes the mic so that it no longer works for voice recognition, so I don't touch those settings. the correct mic is supposed to turn on when you either turn on the earpiece speaker (front mic), or the speaker phone ON (back mic), or OFF (front mic). If you use a headset (with a built in mic) then the phone mics shut off. If you use Bluetooth for a phone can, then the phone mics shut off.

Another problem with Talk-A-Tone, and other VOIP apps is that they don't send/receive the same broadcast intents (signals) as a phone call, so there is no trigger that I can use to turn on the earpiece speaker (which will turn on the mic).
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by funfixer Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Thank you for the quick response. So there is nothing that can be done to fix the speaker problem? I tried setting phone audio to speaker with SoundAbout but nothing changed.

funfixer

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:09 pm

If I could get a broadcast intent when a VOIP call comes in or out, I could.

Last edited by SoundAbout on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by funfixer Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Could you detect the voice like VOX does at the following link and then put the mic on? There must be some trigger in the Android OS - some function that can be monitored to determine that the mic should be on.

If you find a solution, there would be another niche market for you to tap. All the people who refuse to pay for the outragious phone bills and use wifi calls for free would rather pay gor you app instead of $50 a month!

http://www.vocal.com/voice-quality-enhancement/battlefield-voice-activated-transmission-vox/

funfixer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down