SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I use main speaker but with external mike?

4 posters

Go down

Can I use main speaker but with external mike? Empty Can I use main speaker but with external mike?

Post by Worcs Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:13 am

Hi,

I'll roamed around but couldn't find the answer to this.

I have a water damaged mike so I would like to retain the main speaker but would like to plug in an external headset and only use the mike part.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Worcs

Back to top Go down

Can I use main speaker but with external mike? Empty Re: Can I use main speaker but with external mike?

Post by SoundAbout Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:16 pm

This would mean using the headset input with the phone speaker output.
Unfortunately Android doesn't like splitting the audio in/out. I can do it with a Bluetooth headset when not in a call, but that is it.

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t28-audio-to-more-than-one-output-at-the-same-time
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Can I use main speaker but with external mike? Empty Re: Can I use main speaker but with external mike?

Post by Worcs Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:47 am

Many thanks for the quick & helpful feedback.

Worcs

Back to top Go down

Post by PauloDunkan Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:22 am

Hi David,

I think you've answered my question here ('I can do it with a Bluetooth headset when not in a call, but that is it') but I would like to make sure.

I want to be able to use a bluetooth headset as a microphone only and output the voice through external speakers which would be connected to an android phone (either wireless or ideally bluetooth). Or if that doesn't work then using the phone speaker would be fine.

This is for someone who has a very weak voice due to surgery and therefore requires everyday voice amplification.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Paul

PauloDunkan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 am

The app is not made to do real time audio where you speak and instantly hear your voice from a speaker, like a PA system.

I don't think you will be able to do use a Bluetooth mono microphone and send audio to another Bluetooth A2DP speaker. You can't use both Bluetooth profiles at one time.

SoundAbout can let you use the Bluetooth mono microphone and have audio output go to the phone speaker or a speaker connected to the headset jack. If there is another app that is written to do the PA system part, then it might work.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stomuk Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:00 pm

SoundAbout wrote:SoundAbout can let you use the Bluetooth mono microphone and have audio output go to the phone speaker or a speaker connected to the headset jack.  If there is another app that is written to do the PA system part, then it might work.

Hiya, Hope you don't mind me bringing this old thread up.

I emailed you last night in regards a question I had about Soundabout and got a email back saying to ask on here. I have had a good search about but this is probably as near as I have found to an answer..

I am wanting to use the microphone of the bluetooth headset I am using as a source. What I say then is passed through to the loudspeaker (or headphone jack) on the phone.

Basically I am a part time fitness instructor and utilise my phone for playing back music over the fitness studios audio system (connect to headphones jack). The studios generally have radio headmics available for use but unfortunately they are notoriously unreliable! What I am hoping to be able to do is connect the bluetooth headset to the phone, use the headsets mic as a input which is then passed to the headphone out on the phone along with the music that is also playing along at the same time (does this make sense?)

I appreciate any time that you are able to give me in answering this question or any possibility that you know of that will allow me to do this kind of thing?

Thank you
Sam

Stomuk

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:29 pm

SoundAbout doesn't do that particular function to forward the incoming audio directly to the audio output.

I'm not sure that it can even be done directly. There are a few apps out there that attempt this. I think they save the audio input using SoundRecorder and then immediately play that audio using the media player. I suspect there could be some lag and even the possibility of feedback from an external speaker back through the microphone.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down