SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wired headphones option doesn't work.

2 posters

Go down

Wired headphones option doesn't work. Empty Wired headphones option doesn't work.

Post by Filip013 Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:56 am

Hello!
I have ZTE Blade III running CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3). I'm trying to use SoundAbout in order to prevent built-in mic from muting when I plug in headphones. When I disable Wired Headset Microphone, in Wired headset behavior many, however, the audio is not routed to the headphones and instead plays over the loudspeaker. The same happens if I choose Wired headphones in Media Audio settings. As far as I remember, I could never use built-in mic with headphones (even with stock rom), although I haven't tried using SoundAbout before.
Thanks in advance!

Filip013

Back to top Go down

Wired headphones option doesn't work. Empty Re: Wired headphones option doesn't work.

Post by SoundAbout Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:11 am

What kind of headphones are you using?  The pins could be incompatible with the phone.

Your phone may need to have the service constantly running (Foreground - not killable).  Running a service will cause a constant status bar notification in Android 4.3 and above.  In lower versions of Android there is a setting in the Notification behavior section to shut this status bar notification off.

The latest Beta is here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Wired headphones option doesn't work. Empty Re: Wired headphones option doesn't work.

Post by Filip013 Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks for the new beta, but still no luck. The notification always detects my headphones as Headset (with mic). The sound is then properly routed to the headphones but it apparently mutes the built-in mic, even though no other is available. When I manually select Headphones, the sound is routed to the loudspeaker. I use standard 3.5mm jack earphones (can't remember the brand if any, though I've changed several models so far with this phone)

There's one interesting thing that I've noticed when using Hi-Q MP3 Recorder. This programs offers two different microphone options "front microphone" and "rear microphone", even though I think the phone has only one microphone. "Front microphone" works only when headphones are not plugged in, but "rear microphone" work in both cases. That doesn't help me when receiving calls when I'm using headphones but maybe it means something to you.

Filip013

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:23 pm

So un-checking the SoundAbout "Wired Headset behavior" / "Wired Headset microphone" doesn't work? That makes the audio go to the speaker? It's almost as if your ROM doesn't allow the setting for regular headphones (without a mic). Does the pin on your earphone jack have two or three lines?

Rear microphone is normally used when in speakerphone mode and sometimes when doing voice recognition. I can't control which mic is used. Trying to do so, can cause erratic behavior. The microphones are mapped to certain properties, like speakerphone = ON.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filip013 Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:38 pm

SoundAbout wrote:So un-checking the SoundAbout "Wired Headset behavior" / "Wired Headset microphone" doesn't work?  That makes the audio go to the speaker?  It's almost as if your ROM doesn't allow the setting for regular headphones (without a mic).  
That's right. It might be a ROM problem.

SoundAbout wrote: Does the pin on your earphone jack have two or three lines?
Two lines.

SoundAbout wrote: Rear microphone is normally used when in speakerphone mode and sometimes when doing voice recognition.  I can't control which mic is used. Trying to do so, can cause erratic behavior.  The microphones are mapped to certain properties, like speakerphone = ON.
OK, then.  Thanks for trying to help. I guess I'll take it with the ROM developer.

Filip013

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Check out posts at XDA Developers :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/

To test any ROM changes and make sure nothing is interfering with the test, I would go into settings, manage app, find SoundAbout, clear cache, clear data, force stop, un-install. If that issue is resolved, then re-install afterward.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down