SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beta Version 2.5.7.8.9 Bluetooth: Media audio behavior & Phone call behavior are greyed out

2 posters

Go down

Beta Version 2.5.7.8.9 Bluetooth: Media audio behavior & Phone call behavior are greyed out Empty Beta Version 2.5.7.8.9 Bluetooth: Media audio behavior & Phone call behavior are greyed out

Post by RichP Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:43 am

Beta Version 2.5.7.8.9 Bluetooth: Media audio behavior & Phone call behavior are greyed out

I tried clearing cache, clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling.

Moto X on 4.4

Also tried switching Runtime from ART back to Dalvik.

I have been trying to get Google Maps to fake the phone all for directions via BT Mono but havent been able to get it to work in either car(Acura MDX & Chevy Camaro) both have Bluetooth Audio.

So far no luck but at least I can re direct Google Maps to speaker.

I have the Pro License btw.

Thanks,
Rich

RichP

Back to top Go down

Beta Version 2.5.7.8.9 Bluetooth: Media audio behavior & Phone call behavior are greyed out Empty Re: Beta Version 2.5.7.8.9 Bluetooth: Media audio behavior & Phone call behavior are greyed out

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:20 pm

The Google Play licensing might be hosed or down. Instead of clearing cache from SoundAbout, what about going into Manage Apps, clicking on Google Play, and clearing cache and clearing data.

Not all car/phone combos will allow the Bluetooth mono connection. It's not really something that can be controlled outside the Android API as it's not the normal use for the Bluetooth phone profile.

When you get the greyed out settings to come back, did you try these instructions?
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t202-navigation-text-to-speech-audio-to-various-outputs-bluetooth-mono-in-car
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Beta Version 2.5.7.8.9 Bluetooth: Media audio behavior & Phone call behavior are greyed out Empty Re: Beta Version 2.5.7.8.9 Bluetooth: Media audio behavior & Phone call behavior are greyed out

Post by RichP Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:31 am

I tried clearing data/cache on Google Play but those options are still greyed out.

I tried uninstalling Beta, installing app from Google play and then installing the Beta again but same result: those 2 options are greyed out.

As for the Bluetooth Mono, if it works in a car with an iphone running google maps, should it work on Android with your app?

RichP

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:01 am

With Apple, the Bluetooth driver is controlled by Apple and is most likely the same for all their devices.

With Android, there are many different devices with varying Bluetooth drivers, so sometimes these issues arise.

For the Google issue, can you email me at soundabout@woodslink.net with your gmail account. I will check that gmail address in the Google play logs to see if that transaction had any issues.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RichP Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:41 am

Email sent...got an automated reply from you. Just let me know that you got it. Thanks!

RichP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down