SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth Mono HFP to Phone Speakers/Headset

2 posters

Go down

Bluetooth Mono HFP to Phone Speakers/Headset Empty Bluetooth Mono HFP to Phone Speakers/Headset

Post by Kiraz Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:48 am

Hi,
  I was wondering if it possible to route audio from a BT hands free headset/microphone to the phone's audio output or not. I've been working on an app for school trying to accomplish this, and my research led me here. I got a pro key, but haven't been able to make it happen with SoundAbout, and I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible.

In this FAQ you mention that enabling the BT mono override in SoundAbout will enable the microphone for voice searches, but leave the audio output the same. Does this mean that this only works for the voice recognizer intent and not a generic audio stream?

Your replies in this FAQ and this thread seem to indicate that this would not be possible because of the restrictions of the AudioManager in Android.

So far I've managed to record audio no problem, and with the help of your app I've got streaming audio from the BT microphone, but it just routes it right back out to the BT headset. I haven't been able to point the incoming BT audio stream at the phone's speaker.

Any confirmation if this is possible one way or the other would be great.

Kiraz

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth Mono HFP to Phone Speakers/Headset Empty Re: Bluetooth Mono HFP to Phone Speakers/Headset

Post by SoundAbout Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:39 pm

SoundAbout doesn't do this.

You would need to record the audio, save it to a file. Then you would switch audio to the desired output, then play the audio file that was just recorded.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth Mono HFP to Phone Speakers/Headset Empty Re: Bluetooth Mono HFP to Phone Speakers/Headset

Post by Kiraz Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:32 am

OK, thanks for the confirmation, I was pretty sure what we were trying to accomplish was not possible in real time.

Kiraz

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:49 pm

No Problem.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down