SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I...?

3 posters

Go down

How do I...? Empty How do I...?

Post by smith Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:58 pm

I wonder if SoundAbout will help me with this problem - please educate me ??

I have an Android TV Box with Android Lollipop.
It works fine, but it did not come with Bluetooth or a microphone.
It seems to have the ability to use as a hotspot and I use it connected via ethernet cable.
It works OK with the Kodi Remote app on a spare phone that I have also, via Wifi.

I would like to use the TV Box as a softphone, but have not figured out any way for it to get sound from any microphone.
Tried plugging in a USB mic, but it did nothing.

My question, please:
Is there some way in which I could set up SoundAbout to route the spare phone's mic (via Wifi or ??) to the TV Box ??

Thanks for any help !!

smith

Last edited by smith on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eye spill bedly !!)

smith

Back to top Go down

How do I...? Empty Re: How do I...?

Post by Rigattoni Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:06 am

I´m running into the same issue.

@SoundAbout:
What I could figure out:
If I deactivate the switch "Disable USB audio routing to USB audio peripherals" in developer options the mic works. But I don´t get audio out of HDMI, sound is routed to the USB sound card. ---> False!

The other way to switch on the setting, the mic doesn´t work, but I get audio over HDMI. ---> False!

I don´t get both to work at a time... and I have no clue how to fix this issue...

Rigattoni

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:26 am

Using a phone as a microphone for a separate Android box would be tough. Both the phone and the box would need to have an app that the phone can use to send audio, the box can receive and play that audio. It cant' be done through normal audio channels in Android so a software solution wold have to be created. This is how some of those Android boxes have keyboards / remotes with microphones in them. There is some hardware/software, on the box, that the remote's microphone can transmit to.

I used Kodi on my phone and Chromecast on my TV. I cast my whole phone to my TV. I them run Kodi. Then I can use SoundAbout (widget for headset toggle) to change the Wifi audio to instead play over my headset so that my wife can sleep.

I assume that the voice search will also work from the phone or wired headset to the TV in this fashion.

Once you get into USB/HDMI cords then then the hardware is detected and the device will no longer accept audio input from all sources.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by smith Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:33 am

So...I guess it is just not possible.
Thanks for replying.

smith

smith

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:53 am

I'd love to find a way. I might be buying a Android NVIDIA - Shield TV box.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smith Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:54 pm

Our's is a $35 MXQ box we got via Amazon that became an extra when it was neither rooted nor rootable at the time - but later I was able to root it, after replacing it with a slightly better one.
This:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.senniksoft.hearingaidwifi
Would seem to do what I am after - but I'm still not sure after reading about it.

Thanks.

smith

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Yes, that's what I thought. I needs to use Wifi or Bluetooth. It accepts the audio through the microphone, temporarily records it, and then sends it to the WiFi connection (semi real time).
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum