SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoundAbout causing some issues with Navigation, Slacker, Stock Music Player, and Stock Alarm Clock (SG4)

3 posters

Go down

SoundAbout causing some issues with Navigation, Slacker, Stock Music Player, and Stock Alarm Clock (SG4) Empty SoundAbout causing some issues with Navigation, Slacker, Stock Music Player, and Stock Alarm Clock (SG4)

Post by jdavis Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Love the app, happy to have purchased it, but I am getting some conflicts with other apps. I am currently running the beta 2.4.9.6

As mentioned in a previous post, it essentially disables utter! which is a personal voice assistant app.

With Navigation, I have to set the maximum utterances to 1 or it will run through multiple steps in the navigation process every time it speaks. Also I hear some double speak with SoundAbout. I hear my IVONA voice give a direction (with street names! yeay, this wasn't working before without SoundAbout!) but I also hear, at the same time, the stock voice give the same direction (no street names).

When I am streaming music through slacker, SoundAbout will pause the music to play a TTS, but will not un-pause after. This also occurs some of the time with the stock music player.

With the stock alarm clock, I use the briefing alarm type and have had multiple different issues. The first day it just repeated the briefing indefinitely, I had to actually restart my phone to get it to turn off (quite an effective alarm though), this was caused by having unlimited maximum utterances. The next day, with maximum utterances set to 1, I only got the chime before the briefing and nothing else. I don't really want to have to adjust the number of utterances continually throughout the day depending on what I am doing (driving for navigation/for my alarm/other issues that may pop up).

Thanks again for all the work, I hope this information helps and these issue get resolved

jdavis

Back to top Go down

SoundAbout causing some issues with Navigation, Slacker, Stock Music Player, and Stock Alarm Clock (SG4) Empty Re: SoundAbout causing some issues with Navigation, Slacker, Stock Music Player, and Stock Alarm Clock (SG4)

Post by SoundAbout Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:58 pm

The issue with TTS and utterances is nothing that can be fixed in SoundAbout. What happens is that an app that uses TTS, like Google Nav, will request ALL the directions at the beginning of the trip. Google Nav will then store the resulting processed sound files and use them later, when your are about to get to that point of your trip. Afterward, it will delete the file. If you want each utterance to be sent to a different audio output, then the calling app (Google Nav), can't be allowed to get all the TTS processing done at one the beginning of the trip. This is why I have the utterance setting. You can choose to process 1,2,3,4...etc requests so that the calling app will have to request the TTS processing again because it never received it up front.

I will have to look at the music pause. The commands are being sent to pause and un-pause, but it requires the various music apps to receive these broadcast intents. They may choose to ignore them.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

SoundAbout causing some issues with Navigation, Slacker, Stock Music Player, and Stock Alarm Clock (SG4) Empty Re: SoundAbout causing some issues with Navigation, Slacker, Stock Music Player, and Stock Alarm Clock (SG4)

Post by anathema Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm also having the 'double speak' problem.

I am running Maps 7.0.2 and Soundabout 2.5.5.1 on an S3. I have 'max utterances' set to 1, and this is working correctly. Unfortunately, each time Maps speaks a new instruction, it's doing it twice: via my selected TTS engine (going through Soundabout) and simultaneously in a different voice.

The two voices are reading slightly different scripts: if the TTS voice says something like "Turn left onto Mains Drive" then the other will simply say "Turn left".

Anyone know where this second voice might be coming from, and how to turn it off?

anathema

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 pm

I know. This seems to be an issue with Google maps. I can tell the different easier when I set SoundAbout TTS Language to French or Spanish, Then I can hear the Google Map utterance in the background. It seems to be playing some default audio, like "head west" or "head east" no matter what. I am trying to find out why it does this.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by anathema Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Yes, that's how I first spotted it - I have the TTS using a female voice, and the Maps voice is male :-)

I have SA set to route TTS through the phone's speaker at all times so I can use the phone in the car dock, and both voices are coming from the speaker, so unless Maps always uses the speaker then SA must be routing both.

Disabling voice-prompts in Maps disables both voices, too.

anathema

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down