SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No phone ring from galaxys3 and Bluetooth

3 posters

Go down

No phone ring from galaxys3 and Bluetooth Empty No phone ring from galaxys3 and Bluetooth

Post by SusanC0425 Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:33 am

I've set sound about to route notifications through my Bluetooth earpiece, and that works fine, as does listening to music or watching netflix. However, when I receive a phone call, there is no sound. There is no ring from the phone speaker or in the earpiece. The screen will lit up and indicate a call is coming through. When I dismiss the call, there is a brief second where I hear my custom ringtone. I'm on a Galaxy S3 and a Samsung Bluetooth earpiece.

SusanC0425

Back to top Go down

No phone ring from galaxys3 and Bluetooth Empty Re: No phone ring from galaxys3 and Bluetooth

Post by SoundAbout Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:23 am

Android won't allow sending ringtones to a Bluetooth mono device. There is no way around this. If the device handles both Bluetooth A2DP and Bluetooth SCO (mono), then the ringtone could be sent as Bluetooth A2DP and then when you answer the phone, the Bluetooth mono kicks in for the phone call audio.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

No phone ring from galaxys3 and Bluetooth Empty Re: No phone ring from galaxys3 and Bluetooth

Post by shmaron Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:10 pm

I am having the same problem with my stereo Bluetooth earphones. The phone will not make any notification sounds or ring while the app is set to "Bluetooth A2DP" for media audio. I stream my music to both my car and earphones via Bluetooth. Is there a way to have the phone stream music through Bluetooth and still ring or beep when a call or text comes in?

shmaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Beep or ring on the phone speaker or the Bluetooth headset. Notifications to Bluetooth are never a definite. It can differ for various phones.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shmaron Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 pm

On the phone speaker. Whenever I have Bluetooth A2DP turned on for media, the phone will not ring through the speaker at all, even when the phone is not connected tova Bluetooth device.

shmaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:00 am

In the "Notification behavior" section, do you have "Notifications to speaker" checked?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shmaron Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 pm

That fixed it. Thanks! Now I have to find a music player that won't pause the music every time a text comes in. Do you know of a good music player?

shmaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 pm

I just use Google Play for now. They all tend to change once in a while, so sometimes it will work and then the music player changes.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down