SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HTC One - Can't get settings correct

2 posters

Go down

HTC One - Can't get settings correct Empty HTC One - Can't get settings correct

Post by tfm5150 Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Hi there. I am trying to hook up my HTC One to my current car setup. I bought a 3.5 mic splitter that splits the sound and mic. I connected the sound to my car's aux and the mic to an external mic. This worked perfectly with my old phone but doesn't with the HTC One.

The phone is not registering that there is a headset plugged in when I use the above adapter instead of a standard headphone (which it does register). Per the website, I made the following selections:

Wired Headset detection: Ignore
Media Audio: Wired Headset (with mic)
Phone Call Audio: Wired Headset (with mic)

It was working through the plugged in connection but when I unplugged it, the speakers didn't work. I reset the phone and this still didn't work when unplugged.

I am really hoping this app can help me. Thanks for any advice!

tfm5150

Back to top Go down

HTC One - Can't get settings correct Empty Re: HTC One - Can't get settings correct

Post by SoundAbout Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:18 am

I have newer Beta versions here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

1) If you set Media Audio to "Wired Headset (with mic) and then unplug the 3.5mm cable, then SoundAbout is trying to force audio to a "Wired headset (with mic)" that isn't plugged in, so you won't get audio on the speaker. This is a manual override.

2) With those settings and everything plugged in, does the audio come out of the car speakers when playing media?

3) With those settings and everything plugged in, does the audio come out of the car speakers for a phone call and does the other person hear you?

4) If the audio is coming out of the AUX car speakers and the mic works, I would reduce the manual settings needed by doing this setup:

Wired Headset detection: Allow

Media Audio: Let App Decide (this will detect the plugged in 3.5mm. You don't car about a mic when playing music)

Phone Call Audio: Wired Headset (with mic). You want to try and force the microphone, so this has to be set.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down