SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with GS3 and car dock audio

3 posters

Go down

Help with GS3 and car dock audio Empty Help with GS3 and car dock audio

Post by yorkeandvedder Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:54 am

Hello!

I will more than gladly pay for this app if it can resolve an issue I have with my Galaxy S3.

For some odd reason, whenever I put my GS3 in my iBolt car dock, (which connects to the phone through the USB port and to my car stereo through its AUX port), two sound issues come up.

#1: when receiving phone calls, the call's audio comes out of the phone's external speaker, instead of through the car's speakers like the media audio does.

#2: while docked, if I try to use Google Now's voice search, or speech to text to send a message, the microphone doesn't seem to work (capture audio).

I know this may be a longshot, but...   To the best of your knowledge, have you heard of these issues before?  If so, does your app address these issues?

Thank you for your time

yorkeandvedder

Back to top Go down

Help with GS3 and car dock audio Empty Re: Help with GS3 and car dock audio

Post by SoundAbout Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:15 am

1) This happens with docks. For some reason the dock forces the phone call audio to the phone speaker and won't go to the car's AUX input. If you are rooted, tou may be able to find a ROM/kernel combination that will allow this to work.

2) Same as above.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by antichrome Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:41 pm

As an ex s3/ibolt user I feel your pain. There's a hardware limitation in the Samsung's that won't allow call audio through the dock so I'm not sure if rooting is going to get you anywhere either

Edit:oops old thread

antichrome

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:26 am

That's fine that its an old thread. I always wondered if it was some legal issue with routing phone calls through the dock or if they had feedback issues when they tested it.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down