SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dock Audio not working with Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition

2 posters

Go down

Dock Audio not working with Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition Empty Dock Audio not working with Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition

Post by pathogen47 Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:54 pm

Little background:

I have an iBolt dock. In order to get the audio through it with the version of Android that came on the phone (4.3) I had to install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.muteheadlight.dockredir&hl=en

However, since that app is no longer under development, it doesn't work with 4.4. So I had downgraded back to 4.3.

Well, I just upgraded to 4.4 again and decided to try and get this audio thing working. That's when I found your app.

So, I have set your app to run in foreground so it's in the notification tray. When I plug it into the dock, it does detect it as an analog dock, but the audio still only plays through the phone's speaker. It also turns the media audio all the down.

It seems the Google Play Edition of Android for the S4 has stuff missing or disabled that allows this to easily work, as I have never come across people with an S4 from a carrier having these problems.

So, thoughts?

pathogen47

Back to top Go down

Dock Audio not working with Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition Empty Re: Dock Audio not working with Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition

Post by SoundAbout Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:21 pm

I am putting the app back together after doing some major re-factoring.

Can you try the beta version here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Dock Audio not working with Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition Empty Re: Dock Audio not working with Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition

Post by pathogen47 Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:44 am

Ok, steps I took:

1. Opened Manage Apps
2. Selected SoundAbout
3. Cleared cache.
4. Cleared data.
5. Uninstalled.
6. Got the latest beta from the link you posted (2.5.8.0.8 ) and installed.
7. Rebooted phone (complete power down and then power on).

No fix. Same thing as before. It detects that it's connected to an analog dock but the sound still comes out the phone speaker only. Also, it still turns the volume all the way down when I plug in. Is that what it's supposed to do because that is annoying?

My work around for now is to use a separate audio cable plugged into the headphone jack, but I really don't like doing that as it adds another cable.

And if it helps, I am rooted.

pathogen47

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:46 pm

If you go into Manage Apps, scroll to SoundAbout and clear cache, clear data, force stop and un-install, does the Dock respond the same way? I'm wondering if SoundAbout is affecting anything at all.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogen47 Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:39 am

No change. Phone recognizes it's connected to a dock; home screen rotates to landscape when connected. Just need something to tell it to send the audio out to the dock.

pathogen47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down