SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Settings revert back to "LET APP DECIDE" every time I unplug wired headphones (samsung galaxy S4)

2 posters

Go down

Settings revert back to "LET APP DECIDE" every time I unplug wired headphones (samsung galaxy S4) Empty Settings revert back to "LET APP DECIDE" every time I unplug wired headphones (samsung galaxy S4)

Post by beautifulyak@gmail.com Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:16 am

I am trying to set my media to play only through wired headphones on my galaxy s4. However, every time I unplug the headphones from my device the settings revert back to let app decide.

Currently on Android 4.3 Jeallybean. If I could get this to work I would buy soundaboutpro.

beautifulyak@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Settings revert back to "LET APP DECIDE" every time I unplug wired headphones (samsung galaxy S4) Empty Re: Settings revert back to "LET APP DECIDE" every time I unplug wired headphones (samsung galaxy S4)

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:03 am

If you go into the SoundAbout "Wired Headset behavior" section:

1)  Having "Wired Headset detection" checked means you shouldn't need to have "media audio" set to "Wired Headphones", if the phone is detecting properly.  It should switch to headphone mode automatically.

2) Having "Wired Headset detection" un-checked means that, if "media audio" set to "Wired Headphones", then the app won't detect the headset being plugged or unplugged and should leave the setting as "Wired Headphones".   This is normally used by people whose phone is not detecting headsets being plugged in and out, but you can use it that way if you would like.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Settings revert back to "LET APP DECIDE" every time I unplug wired headphones (samsung galaxy S4) Empty Re: Settings revert back to "LET APP DECIDE" every time I unplug wired headphones (samsung galaxy S4)

Post by SoundAbout Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:11 am

OK, I figured out what was happening.

Can you try the latest Beta version in this list?:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulyak@gmail.com Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 am

Sorry for the delayed reply. I downloaded soundabout 2.5.7.8.2 onto my S4, but it still switches back to let app decide when i unplug my headphones.

I'm specifically looking for a way to prevent any chance of media audio playing out loud when im in certain groups. So wired headphone detection doesn't quite do what i need.

I don't know if this is important, but the wired headset only setting only seems to work when I have soundabout set to on forground, not on auto restart.

beautifulyak@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifulyak@gmail.com Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:19 am

having it set to on stoppable seem to have the same issue as on forground

beautifulyak@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 am

Have the "ON - Foreground" setting means that the Android OS won't kill the SoundAbout service. Normally, the "ON - Auto Restart" works, but for some reason, something is killing the SoundAbout Service. Do you have any kind of task killer app running?

The "Media Audio" setting reverts back to "Let app decide" because people usually expect to hear the audio from the speaker after unplugging the wired headset.

If you have the "Media Audio" setting on "Wired Headphones" and also un-check the "Wired Headset behavior" / "Wired Headset detection" setting, then "media audio" should stay set to "Wired headphones" when you unplug the wired headphones. In that case you won't hear any audio until you plug in a headset or change "Media audio" to something else.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down