SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth connection between the phone and the car radio

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bluetooth connection between the phone and the car radio - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluetooth connection between the phone and the car radio

Post by miticofuro Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:08 am

shocking ....
- Galaxy S4 with Android 4.4.2 everything works fine with mercedes audio 20
- Galaxy s2 with Android 4.4.2 connects with 20 audio but can not hear anything (made ​​various tests Soundabout).

miticofuro

http://miticofuro@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth connection between the phone and the car radio - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluetooth connection between the phone and the car radio

Post by SoundAbout Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:37 am

Question.

1) Have you tried with WiFi ON and then OFF?
2) Have you tried with NFC/Android Beam OFF?

Disabling NFC and/or Android Beam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_sRb0J80cc

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi SoundAbout,

I found and tried other applications in the Google Play, but unfortunately none worked for my case.
I tried also all new Soundabout releases launched, without success.
The versions 2.5.7.8 and 2.5.7.6 are working almost 100% for me.
Do you have any new idea for solve this my issue?

Thanks!

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:15 pm

I looked and compared the old versions of SoundAbout [2.5.7.6, 2.5.7.8] to the later versions, but I can't pinpoint why those old versions would work better.  I wish I had an Audio 20 system so that I could rapidly test different code bases to see what is going on.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:09 pm

My Audio 20 is in Brazil (a little bit difficult to lend to you). But I not have problems to test every test version that you do like to test and report if works or not here. And I think other guys that read this forum probably would like to test too. Why you don´t create a folder in your download area, specific for beta versions test in Audio 20 system?

Thanks!

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Maybe Mercedes can give me a free car?  Very Happy
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Well, you can try! ;-)
hehehe

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi,

I put again the version 2.5.7.8 in my android. In the weekend I used the Waze (GPS), and when the application said a direction, the audio of radio went to mute. After this, the audio of radio returned and I received a call. I answered the call, and the audio went to the radio. Worked very well.
Suggestion: Is it possible when the cell phone start the connection with the car radio, the Soundabout send something? Maybe this solve this issue in the versions 2.5.7.6 and 2.5.7.8.

Thanks!

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Are you saying that maybe "priming" the Bluetooth connection may help the issue? Maybe doing a temporary connection to the Bluetooth device (car) as soon as it is detected?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Yes!
Or in the same conection, just sending something (maybe some sound) in this BT conection before receive or make a call.

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat May 03, 2014 2:03 pm

I may try something like this when Bluetooth first connects, because it speeds up the next connection (when Bluetooth may be needed in a hurry).
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Thu May 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi,

do you have a new version for test or some news about it?

Thanks!

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu May 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Nothing other than the Beta on the message board.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Fri May 16, 2014 11:54 am

The last beta version (2.5.8.0.8 ) on the message board, have the same behavior that the other beta versions 2.5.7.8.7, 2.5.7.8.9, 2.5.7.8.6 and 2.5.7.8.5 (not worked). The versions 2.5.7.8 and 2.5.7.6 continuing are the best versions for my case.

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi David,

Thanks!

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:45 am

Hi,

Or an estimate of when it will release a new version?

Thanks!

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:52 am

I am re-working how I process my settings pages to make it easier to add functionality in the future. The problem with the Mercedes Audio 20 issue is that I don't know how a previous version "partially" worked. Without a system to test it rapidly, it is almost impossible to figure out what made that version work.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GFGewehr Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Understood!
I have a suggestion to try to solve the lack of a MB Audio 20. Based on version 2.5.7.8 source code, add the function to log events of connection and use of bluetooth, generating a log file. I can test for you and send you the file back. What do you think?

Thanks!

GFGewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2