SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different settings for different bluetooth devices

3 posters

Go down

Different settings for different bluetooth devices Empty Different settings for different bluetooth devices

Post by jeffkono Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:06 am

It would be nice if SoundAbout could use different settings for each connected bluetooth device. For example, route only media audio through bluetooth if connected to a stereo headset, but route calls through BT when connected to a car radio.

My specific use case for this: I own a Moto X, and love it's Trusted Devices function. For those unaware, it allows me to set any paired bluetooth device as trusted (e.g. a BT headset, or a smartwatch); as long as a trusted device is connected, the phone bypasses any lock pattern or password and unlocks instantly when awakened. Once they get out of range, the lock screen is enabled again. It's both convenient and secure, since I can set a strong lock pattern but don't need to use it constantly.

Now this is where SoundAbout comes in (and it's admittedly a bit of a hack): I bought a cheap BT mono headset and use it effectively as a security device for my Moto X. I never use it as a proper headset since for me it's usually easier to just use the earpiece on the device itself. The snag is that since it is constantly connected to the phone, every time I place or receive a call it first routes it through the headset and I have to manually change the audio to the earpiece. I'm using SoundAbout just to disable the headset audio (Bluetooth behavior > Phone call audio usage OFF) without disconnecting the headset. It works fine, but now I can't use my car's bluetooth radio to place calls. If I could select a different profile for each paired device that was connected, this would be solved.

My use case is indeed pretty specific, but I think this functionality could be useful for other use cases too. What do you think?

Jeff

jeffkono

Back to top Go down

Different settings for different bluetooth devices Empty Re: Different settings for different bluetooth devices

Post by ughwhere Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:14 am

I would really like this too.

For instance, when connected to my car bluetooth or my bluetooth headphones, I don't want the notifications to go to the phone speaker. But at home if I'm connected to my bluetooth speaker, I would ideally like notifications to go to the phone because sometimes I don't notice them otherwise. Triggering these things with Tasker would be neat if that made sense to do.

ughwhere

Back to top Go down

Different settings for different bluetooth devices Empty Re: Different settings for different bluetooth devices

Post by gebo311 Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 pm

I would like this too. When I'm at work I want all sounds to go through bt headset and when I'm connected to my car to have sounds play through the phone and my car.

When I'm connected to my car but not listening to the Bluetooth music source I don't hear any notifications.

It would be nice to have profiles for each Bluetooth device.

gebo311

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down