SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Ringtone through speaker

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Samsung Galaxy S3 Ringtone through speaker - Page 2 Empty Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Ringtone through speaker

Post by SoundAbout Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Need to temporarily shut off Bluetooth phone while ringing. Hopefully reconnects quick enough when answering phone.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Samsung Galaxy S3 Ringtone through speaker - Page 2 Empty Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Ringtone through speaker

Post by SoundAbout Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:54 pm

For me, on that setting the Bluetooth headset rings with its own beeping phone call notification, but the ringtone does not come out of the speaker.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuclune Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:43 am

I did some test and:
1. Your app works as it should on sony z1 with android 4.3.
2. No matter what setting i choose on note 2 (alert behavior -> A2DP -> Ringtones to:) i always hear beeping ringtone on my headset.
3. when i set 'Neither (vibrate) my phone sets silent mode when someone ring to me and i hear beeping sound on my hadset AND MY PHONE DOES NOT RING. I assume that setting "A2DP only" should work like this but without setting phone to silent mode, right?

nuclune

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:54 am

A2DP will work like that if the headset is used for both A2DP(media) and SCO(Phone). If both profiles are turned on in the Android Bluetooth settings then a phone call will detect that a Bluetooth SCO phone device is connected. That Bluetooth SCO connection will take precedence over anything else while ringing and during a phone call. This is why you can't get ringtones to work on Bluetooth headsets and why headsets that support both Bluetooth A2DP and Bluetooth SCO will just use the Bluetooth SCO beep alert while ringing. Bluetooth A2DP takes a back seat during phone rings and phone calls.

The only way to do this is detect if Bluetooth SCO is not needed while NOT in a phone call. Then disconnect Bluetooth SCO, but remember the last connected device address. Once a phone call is ANSWERED (after ringing), then quickly connect the Bluetooth SCO device. It will take a second during the phone call, but it will connect. This way, the Bluetooth A2DP connection would handle the ringing and the Bluetooth SCO would kick in when you answer the call.

In this scenario, If you are using Bluetooth mono audio or using the Bluetooth mono microphone when the phone starts ringing, then you will get the beeping on the Bluetooth SCO (mono) device.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by indasunatov Mon May 12, 2014 8:08 pm

I have a samsung galaxy s4 sprint and I've been looking for an app to read me texts and Caller id bluetooth headset only . I have had a samsung galaxy 2 too. Same bluetooth . I have been searching high and low . I had 2 smart phones before this and had no problems with calls Coming out of speaker until I got the galaxies ! I have been working with your app for a couple of days now. I can't get any sound thru my bluetooth but I did get the sample language to go thru bluetooth. Shouldn't phone ringer be set to silent or vibrate so voice will only come thru bluetooth? But sound about isn't talking at all in bluetooth. PLEASE HELP!

indasunatov

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue May 13, 2014 12:32 am

First, the caller id coming out of Bluetooth may not be possible. If the headset supports both Bluetooth A2DP and Bluetooth mono (phone), what happens is that the phone rings and immediately sends an AT command to the headset. The headset starts playing its own beep/ring notification and nothing will override it (I've tried everything). The only way to get caller id to Bluetooth is if the manufacture supports it or if the Bluetooth A2DP device/headset is not also connected as a phone call device. For example, if you have a Bluetooth A2DP speaker, normally used for music, then it could potentially play the caller id when the phone is ringing.

The texts could be done. First, you need an app that will detect the text and play them. My guess is that they will play over the phone speaker. If your Bluetooth headset is connected using A2DP for media then the app reading the texts will automatically send the audio to the Bluetooth A2DP headset. If the headset is only for Bluetooth mono, then SoundAbout media audio being set to "Bluetooth (mono) (dynamic)" should play the audio over the Bluetooth headset (it takes a second to connect so you could lose the first word).

If the headset supports Bluetooth mono only and the app reading text messages also supports Text To Speech then you could set SoundAbout media audio setting to "Let app decide" and go into the SoundAbout Text-To-Speech settings.
The SoundAbout Text-To-Speech settings to Bluetooth mono can be found here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t202-navigation-text-to-speech-audio-to-various-outputs-bluetooth-mono-in-car
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by indasunatov Tue May 13, 2014 9:40 am

This is driving me crazy but I am glad to hear it isn't me. What I do not understand is with all this technology and having all this voice stuff why wouldn't that be one of them? It worked with the older phones! Dumb just dumb. I will try again. I did get it to play the sound about example but then it stopped oh Yea and music!

indasunatov

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu May 15, 2014 4:40 pm

I wish there was a way to turn off the AT command sent to Bluetooth phone devices so that this could be done. The AT command tells the headset to play it's own ringtone/beep. After sending the AT command, no other audio can be sent to the headset.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by indasunatov Thu May 15, 2014 6:11 pm

What does AT mean?

indasunatov

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu May 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Headset Profile (HSP)
This is the most commonly used profile, providing support for the popular Bluetooth Headsets to be used with mobile phones. It relies on SCO for audio and a subset of AT commands from GSM 07.07 for minimal controls including the ability to ring, answer a call, hang up and adjust the volume.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060717041327AAha7PT
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2