SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth & Aux jack auto switch

2 posters

Go down

Bluetooth & Aux jack auto switch Empty Bluetooth & Aux jack auto switch

Post by Chadder44 Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:53 pm

I installed a tablet in my car and am using various Tasker profiles for automation. Due to audio/video sync issues, I need to use the Aux line out when streaming various video sources. This app has been perfect for accomplishing this, because with the Aux jack plugged in, my Galaxy tab 3 wouldn't output sound through connected bluetooth. My issue is that I have a Tasker profile set up to auto load this app when bluetooth is connected, and close it when bluetooth disconnects. Is this the only way to accomplish what I'm setting out to do? I want basically a tablet where all my sound media goes to bluetooth, OR, it all goes to Aux jack, without me manually having to switch anything on or off. I feel like there are a lot of options within this app, and I may be missing something that would allow me to not have this extra Tasker profile set up. As of now, if I leave the app on, and switch my head unit to Aux line in, the tablet uses its own speakers since the bluetooth is disconnected. It would be perfect if it just automatically used the Aux line out.

Thanks for any help, love the app.

Chadder44

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth & Aux jack auto switch Empty Re: Bluetooth & Aux jack auto switch

Post by Pariah Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 am

Tasker seems like your best bet I have not used it with soundabout so I am unsure how much direct control it has but all you should have to do is turn Soundabout service on when using Bluetooth and have it set to route everything to Bluetooth and then have it either set Soundabout daemon [service] to OFF or stop the Soundabout app and service upon disconnect of Bluetooth which would allow phone to auto route and it should route all over headphone jack [aka AUX] when it has a cable plugged in.

Of course if you want media audio over aux and still bluetooth all else then you will need to have Soundabout route Media audio out aux jack while bluetooth is plugged in.  If this is always the case just setting soundabout that way and having tasker start/stop the app and/or service [if you only exit soundabout but have the service set to always on or auto restart it may still use Soundabout routing if you don't either set service to off or stop it].

The only manual piece you would have is to swap media between the bluetooth and aux as needed if the need of media audio to go out one or the other changes.  If nothing else have Tasker open Soundabout so that the app is opened and left up on the screen that way you just need to tap the media routing and tap what you would like when connecting the bluetooth device unless Tasker can actually integrate with Soundabout and control it's settings more directly [up to the developer to help you here as this is possible as apps like Llama are coded to allow tasker direct access to things like setting app settings via tasker without you manually messing with the app, but Soundabout dev would have to set this up and it may not be an easy quick thing to do].

Pariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Chadder44 Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks for your reply. This is really strange but somehow it started working on its own yesterday. When I initially tested the app, the bluetooth audio worked perfectly when connected. But when I switched to Aux out on my head unit, and left the pap open, the sound came out of my tablet speakers. This was the reasoning for me to set up Tasker to close soundabout in the first place. However, for some reason it started outputting to the Aux jack automatically last night with the app still open. So as of now, all is right in my world. I'm a little skeptical as to how this magically started working though, and I'm nervous that it won't last.

Chadder44

Back to top Go down

Post by Pariah Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:54 pm

It could have also been if you did not plug the cable in fully that could have tripped you up. I know on my Nexus 7 tablet for instance the headphone jack port is very tight and there are almost 2 clicks for it to be FULLY connected in the port. Even if it is half out you will usually get audio on one side and not the other [you may get sound out of the left side and not the right or vice versa until you push the cable fully in].

I am just glad you got things going the way you like.

Pariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down