SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Won't switch back to mono bluetooth after call

2 posters

Go down

Won't switch back to mono bluetooth after call Empty Won't switch back to mono bluetooth after call

Post by jpschewe Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:38 pm

I have a droid razr maxx hd running android 4.4.2. I have a mono bluetooth headset. I have SoundAbout set to use mono bluetooth dynamic. Here's my issue:
1. listen to podcast from DoggCatcher over my mono bluetooth headset
2. Answer incoming call. It's properly routed to my headset
3. Hang up call, podcast starts playing out of speaker instead of headset. I can't get the podcast back to the headset unless I turn off the headset and turn it back on.

jpschewe

Back to top Go down

Won't switch back to mono bluetooth after call Empty Re: Won't switch back to mono bluetooth after call

Post by jpschewe Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:42 am

I tried the 2.6.6.9 beta and while that fixed my launching issue (https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t797-soundabout-won-t-launch#2977) this issue hasn't changed.

jpschewe

Back to top Go down

Won't switch back to mono bluetooth after call Empty Re: Won't switch back to mono bluetooth after call

Post by SoundAbout Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:20 pm

The problem with mono Bluetooth is that SoundAbout needs to take audio focus. When another app wants audio focus, SoundAbout responds by switching to Bluetooth mono and letting the other app take audio. When SoundAbout gets audio back, it switches Bluetooth mono off.

When you get a phone call, the podcast pauses/stops. SoundAbout shuts off Bluetooth mono (for a split second), and then Bluetooth is used again for the phone call.

After the phone call, does the podcast resume? If so, it might resume before SoundAbout has a chance to take audio focus before the podcast does.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jpschewe Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:23 pm

After the phone call the podcast automatically resumes. However the audio only goes out my speaker at that point. Furthermore if I stop the podcast and start it again it still only comes out my speaker. SoundAbout appears to have lost my headset at this point. The notification shows that it's using bluetooth mono-dynamic, but nothing goes to my headset. If I turn my headset off and back on again, then all is fine.

jpschewe

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:51 pm

It depends if the media app is considered a "media device" on Android.

Can you try the latest version here to see if it works any better?

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jpschewe Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:29 am

I'll give it a try.

Would using a headset that supports A2DP remove this issue?

jpschewe

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:22 pm

Probably not. That headset will have to switch to Bluetooth SCO to take the phone call, then switch back to Bluetooth A2DP to play the media again. The issue is that the media player will pause when the phone rings (if it was programmed correctly). Then it may continue after the phone call is hung up. It will continue before SoundAbout can switch the audio back to Bluetooth mono dynamic. Bluetooth mono dynamic needs to detect when audio plays to switch the audio to Bluetooth. Since the media player continues before SoundAbout can start waiting to detect the media, you get this issue.

The latest version will try to keep the "music player" as paused and continue it later.

If the media that you are playing it considered (by Android) as a music player, it should work. It works with Google Play. The media player has to respond to com.android.music.musicservicecommand command.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jpschewe Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:59 pm

The media player that I'm using is DoggCatcher. I'm not sure about the details of what it's using for commands.

With the 2.6.7.0 version I tried the same thing. The media player (DoggCatcher) pauses when I receive the phone call. Once the phone call terminates I get a notification from DoggCatcher that it has been paused and another app has requested audio. I then see a popup notification (floating oval with text), continue music, music playing = true. At this point DoggCatcher is still paused. If I then goto DoggCatcher and press the play button, audio goes back to my headset.

jpschewe

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:48 pm

That makes sense. It sounds like DoggCatcher is not accepting the com.android.music.musicservicecommand commands.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jpschewe Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:22 pm

I just ran my test with a Plantronics Voyager Edge headset that supports A2DP and it works fine without SoundAbout. So I guess the answer for me is get a newer headset and uninstall SoundAbout.

jpschewe

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:05 pm

With that headset, the audio will play over A2DP. The DoggCatcher app will pause the audio when a phone call comes in. After the phone call, DoggCatcher should resume over A2DP. That is definitely smoother than using Bluetooth mono dynamic, because the audio focus does not come into play.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down