SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More options for routing sound

3 posters

Go down

More options for routing sound Empty More options for routing sound

Post by frodrick Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Background, my galaxy S2 is a little broken, phone thinks earphones are plugged in all the time even thou i remove them.
with 4.1.2 i had systemsounds on both speaker and headphones. and mediasound ONLY to headphones unless i put it to speaker like on mediaplayer etc.
Then i rooted my phone and installed KitKat 4.4.4 and ALL was fucked, NO sound to speaker what so ever, no options to use speaker on alarms etc. so my phone was pretty useless until i found Soundabout.
Now i can get MEDIA/SYSTEM to speaker and calls to headphones. but only one way not both.
So now i have to switch between speaker or HP wich sucks atm due to my phone thinks  its always connected.

What i am looking for is more otions.

SYSTEM SOUND options (clockalarms, ringtones alerts, email etc) for where i want it to go, like speaker, headset or BOTH
Separate from
MEDIA SOUND  options (Music and videos)  and where i want it to go, like speaker, headset or BOTH

Cause i want to being able to have headphones pluged in, and get music, video sound, and phonecall voice to headphones but alarmclock, ringtones, notifications etc to Both.

also being able to put on speaker during a call.

is this possible? should be Wink

frodrick

Back to top Go down

More options for routing sound Empty Re: More options for routing sound

Post by SoundAbout Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

Try downloading the newer Beta version. It has more settings in the "Alert Behavior" setting section that may be what you need.

The beta version is here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by frodrick Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:50 pm

i did, and i have tried it for like 5 days.
Dont work much better than the normal.

if i set headset OFF everything goes to speaker
if i set it to ON it send all to headset ONLY so i miss my alarms i set to wake up, only vibrate works.

cause i use radio much i have headset connected always, so if i put my phone to charger i sometimes miss to press widget to OFF and hen i miss alot of calls and my alarmclock.
my idea how to solve this is ADVANCED OPTIONS.

separate options for
-Alarms
-SMS/MMS
-email
-Notifications
-calls
-media
Might be more groups of sound.

every group should contain.
-output to Speaker
-output to Headset
-output to both
-mute/no output
-lock settings (widget cant change groups have been set to "lock setting"

if you manage to fix this ill be first in line to buy it, as of now i miss alarms and calls so GET TO WORK MISTER Wink

frodrick

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:57 pm

For email and SMS/MMS notifications, there is no way to tell what app sent the notification. SoundAbout won't know if it came from an email, from SMS....etc.

It looks like you are using the widget to set the Headset ON and off. The widget will force audio to the headset when ON and will never allow audio to the headset when OFF. When you set the widget to OFF, the "Alert behavior" / "Wired Headset behavior" settings are no longer used because the wired headset is not in use (like it is unplugged).

If you plug/unplug the headset, the widget will switch to DETECT. Then when you plug in a wired headset, SoundAbout will use the settings in "Alarm behavior" / "Wired Headset behavior" / "Notification To" for all notifications.

You will hear notifications based on the settings in "Notifications To".

Alarms are different. For Alarms, you will only hear it in the headset if "Headset only" is selected. You will hear it in both if "Phone Speaker and Headset" is selected. If "Current phone setting" is selected, then you will most likely hear the alarm in both the headset and the phone speaker. Android will play the alarm over the phone speaker (maybe the headset), if "Neither (vibrate)" or "Neither (silent) are selected. This is normal in Android as you don't want to miss the alarm.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frodrick Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:57 am

Then perhaps make it possible to make widget scroll thru on/off/detect, cause my headphoneplug is screwd and dont detect if i disconnect it Smile so if i ever press widget i cant get detect back unless i reboot phone Smile

i thought on/off was more speaker/headset on/off and not just app on/off Very Happy

frodrick

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:55 pm

The widget is for forcing the headset to be ON or OFF. Normally you would unplug and re-plug the headset to set the widget back to DETECT. If your phone cannot detect and has the "detect wired headset" turned off, then you should be able to change the "media audio" setting to any setting and then back to "Let app decide" and the widget should go back to DETECT mode.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 44soulja Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:43 am

Is there a way to control audio out while using miracst..so that you can insure audio out through Wi-Di when streaming

44soulja

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:47 am

I noticed that there are some new settings for Wifi audio. I don't have it, so I can't test. It looks like Android 5 will default the audio to Wifi, if you have the phone connected. Is the phone audio not streaming to the TV when using Miracast?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 44soulja Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:43 am

No the video is but the sound is not switching over, it comes through the phones speaker. I know this may have something to do with me having to disable the aux/headphone jack because of my plugged/unplugged error with the jack dunno..thanks for your response

44soulja

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Can you try the latest Beta that was just added? If media audio is set to "Let app decide" and you connect to a Wifi device, the code should detect the connection and use the Wifi audio connection. There is also a new Wifi setting in "Media Audio" that you can try. If the phone is already connected, the new Wifi setting should show the name of the connected device in parenthesis (like Bluetooth does).

The Betas are located here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 44soulja Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:07 am

Tried the beta but no dice...I think it may be an issue with my phones firmware or the sound routing software side because of the headphone jack issue where it think ones plugged in when it's not...I changed the jack out buy same deal. Only your program lets me use my phone normally..crazy thing is, when I re-enable the jack via your software and plug in headphones everything works.just if I pull headphones out it's not recognizing that and I have to go into settings to disable the jack again..so this leads me to believe there's so info getting crossed up in my phones software...thanks..your an immense help..Happy holidays

44soulja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down