SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaker Routing

3 posters

Go down

Speaker Routing  Empty Speaker Routing

Post by Foqus Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:57 am

I read the post about android not allowing phone audio to be sent to a2dp,however I was wondering if when I press the "speaker phone" button while on a call would the same rules apply? Or could you send the speaker phone audio to a2dp while using the phone mic like you would on a speaker call? Or is there a way to make a a2dp device receive mono bluetooth audio and use the phone mic for voice

Foqus

Back to top Go down

Speaker Routing  Empty Re: Speaker Routing

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 am

No.  You can't use A2DP audio while on a phone call.  The code in the Android policy manager purposely blocks it.  My guess is they think it would cause too much feedback?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Married2care Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:39 am

I would love to have the output switch from phone speaker to wired headset as you insert the headphone jack . I'm talking about all phone audio even ringtones. AND when the jack is pulled out the phone audio does not have to be manually set back to "let app decide". I fly a lot and have headphones on so I don't want people around me to be annoyed by a ringing phone that's already in my ear. Or when driving wired jack to stereo I WOULD like all audio to be played through stereo and when I unplug the jack I can still talk to people.

Married2care

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:25 am

If you go into the SoundAbout "Wired Headset behavior" section, and check the "Wired Headset detection" then the phone should detect the headset being plugged in and out and the audio should switch automatically (if your phone is OK). My headset jack is not detecting properly, so I have to do it manually.

If the phone cannot detect the headset properly and it keeps giving signals that a headset is plugged in when it is not, then the "Wired headset detection" should be un-checked.

There is also a "Headset toggle" widget that you can use to quickly go from headset audio to whatever is set in SoundAbout (Let app decide), just by turning the widget ON and OFF.

To get the notifications and ringtones to go through the headset and not the phone speaker, go into "Notification behavior" and un-check "Notifications to speaker".

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Married2care Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Yes thank you. I have a new Gs4 and the notification bar shows that headset was detected but does not toggle the application sounds. A widget seems to be a great workaround so I will give it a try.

Married2care

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down