SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Bluetooth + Media Audio Profile

2 posters

Go down

Car Bluetooth + Media Audio Profile Empty Car Bluetooth + Media Audio Profile

Post by mcadambc Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:58 pm

In order to utilize hands free calling in my 2014 Honda Pilot, I have to keep the "Phone audio" profile enabled on my phone. I also need to leave the "Media audio" profile enabled in order to stream music through the car. The issue comes when I am listening to an audio source other than AUX/Bluetooth (satellite radio for example). If the "Media audio" profile is enabled, my notification sounds get kidnapped (for lack of a better term) by the car, but because I'm not listening to the AUX/Bluetooth channel on my car stereo, I won't hear them. The two main impacts are text message notifications and navigation audio.

So here is my question.... could SoundAbout solve this problem and allow me to prevent notifications and navigation audio from being sent over Bluetooth to the car and force them to come out of the handset? As of now, I have to keep "Media audio" disabled (to get notification sounds and navigations to play out of the phone speaker), and enable it any time I want to use the AUX/Bluetooth channel on the car stereo and stream music.

mcadambc

Back to top Go down

Car Bluetooth + Media Audio Profile Empty Re: Car Bluetooth + Media Audio Profile

Post by SoundAbout Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:03 am

I see, so the phone is plugged into the AUX, but you switch the car radio to SAT. Most of my notifications some out of the used audio output (headset) and the phone speaker at the same time.

If you look at the settings in the latest beta, you can click on Alert settings and go into wired headset to see what the various settings are:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

An app can block certain audio outputs for those notifications, but can't really force them to come out of another audio output. There isn't a way to get notified when a notification is about to play and switch the audio. The app could take audio focus (like it was a media player) and detect when something else wanted audio focus, but that would probably kill the battery and you don't really know what is requesting the audio.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down