SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can i force audio to come out from earphones when using hdmi on android 4.0.3?

4 posters

Go down

can i force audio to come out from earphones when using hdmi on android 4.0.3? Empty can i force audio to come out from earphones when using hdmi on android 4.0.3?

Post by koren Fri May 31, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi.
I have a TEAC simple android tablet.
I have a screen with no speakers and a dvi input.
when connecting the tablet to the screen the audio stops.
I tried forcing the audio to go to speaker with soundabout but no luck.
Thanks.
Asaf.

koren

Back to top Go down

can i force audio to come out from earphones when using hdmi on android 4.0.3? Empty Re: can i force audio to come out from earphones when using hdmi on android 4.0.3?

Post by aaichert Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:25 am

Well, this is what I am trying to do. SoundAbout is not working for me though. Any solution to this problem yet?

aaichert

Back to top Go down

can i force audio to come out from earphones when using hdmi on android 4.0.3? Empty Re: can i force audio to come out from earphones when using hdmi on android 4.0.3?

Post by SoundAbout Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 am

I'm guessing you are going from Micro USB to an HDMI/DVI cable. The phone/tablet still thinks you are sending via HDMI and will try to send the audio via HDMI. For some devices, HDMI on the device makes itself the primary audio output when used and expects to transport audio down that therefore not allowing use of the headphones or speakers.

SoundAbout tries to route the audio, but if the device has HDMI hardware or drivers that won't allow headphones or speaker, then there is not much SoundAbout can do for that particular device. Sometimes different ROMs and/or kernels will help this.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tander17 Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:39 am

Any known solutions other than Soundabout?

tander17

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:11 pm

I've read about a lot of varying success with different cables, MHL adapters and TV's. It appears HDMI from phones is not very consistent. Then again, Bluetooth hasn't been great either!
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down