SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soundabout Pro key stops the main app from launching!

5 posters

Go down

Soundabout Pro key stops the main app from launching! Empty Soundabout Pro key stops the main app from launching!

Post by DanilaMaster Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:22 pm

I have Nexus6P that is running vanilla android 7.0 (no root) and SoundAbout was working properly in the trial mode. However, once I bought and installed the unlock key (SoundAbout Pro) it has never launched again. The same issue was already raised and described in the topic named “SoundAbout won't launch” started in January 2016. I followed all the solutions from the mentions discussion but none of them helped to solve the problem.

It seems like that the problem is still there but the discussion tree has not been updated for a while, so I decided to start a new one.
This problem started from the moment I bought and installed SoundAbout Pro. At that time, I was using Android 6.0.1. I’ve decided to hold on for a couple of weeks until the new version of Android comes out hoping that this will solve the problem. Apparently, it did not.

Here is the link to the prior discussion that I found to be completely relevant to my problem https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t797-soundabout-won-t-launch.

DanilaMaster

Back to top Go down

Soundabout Pro key stops the main app from launching! Empty Re: Soundabout Pro key stops the main app from launching!

Post by SoundAbout Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:24 am

This post was pushed down the list.  This has been a random issue that happens on some phones with no explanation.  Some permissions were just removed to try and rectify this.  The changes have been put into Google Play and can also be downloaded in the versions of SoundAbout and SoundAbout Pro here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

Last edited by SoundAbout on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Soundabout Pro key stops the main app from launching! Empty Re: Soundabout Pro key stops the main app from launching!

Post by DanilaMaster Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:37 pm

Thanks for getting to my post. Today's app update from Google Play seems to be fixing the issue for me. However, it took me another half an hour fighting with the same error by installing and uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, clearing the cash etc. before I was able to get it to work properly.
It might worth considering to get away from this licensing process and implement another way to get the Pro version.

DanilaMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:55 pm

The problem is that the original licensing process required this method to enable a trial version. Google now has in-app billing, but it needs to respect existing Pro license users.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanilaMaster Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Another workaround for the same issue that recently worked for me on the different device. Install both SoundAbout and the Pro key. Then go ahead and clean the cache, data and force the Pro key app to stop. Do the same steps for the main app. Then launch the main app as usual. That fixed the problem for. This is a very useful app but something should be done about this annoying issue.

DanilaMaster

Back to top Go down

Soundabout Pro key stops the main app from launching! Empty Force Close issue in latest Pro (1.3.5) appears to be due to removal of com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro.LicenseActivity and related classes

Post by badenglish Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi,

I want to start by saying I love this product and finally pulled the trigger on Pro version. Upon doing so I found after reboot I could no longer open the UI of SoundAbout APK, and the Pro version would display as culprit and force-close.  I checked online and forum to see this was a past issue resolved on 10/30 version.

I have confirmed I have latest SoundAbout APK (2.6.9.7) from PlayStore, and that if I uninstall the latest Pro version from PlayStore (SoundAboutPro_1.3.5.apk), and then instead install the 10/30 SoundAboutPro_1.3.4.apk, it does fix the issue. I also confirmed the latest versions from PlayStore (2.6.9.7 and 1.3.5) match the latest version from this forum (https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions).

At bottom of email is the exception logged from SoundAboutPro_1.3.5.apk that shows the issue is from the missing LicenseActivity class... and when I decode both the 1.3.4 and 1.3.5 Pro APKs, I do see that LicenseActivity class and many others only exist in the 10/30 1.3.4 version and not the most recent 1.3.5 version (diffs below).

I'm happy to assist with any testing or provide any further details that might help introduce a resolution back in PlayStore for the Pro version of this great product.  

DIFF
Code:
diff -br SoundAboutPro_1.3.4/apktool.yml SoundAboutPro_1.3.5/apktool.yml
2c2
< apkFileName: SoundAboutPro_1.3.4.apk
---
> apkFileName: SoundAboutPro_1.3.5.apk
21,22c21,22
<   versionCode: '37'
<   versionName: 1.3.4
---
>   versionCode: '38'
>   versionName: 1.3.5

diff -br SoundAboutPro_1.3.4/smali/com/woodslink/android/wiredheadphoneroutingfix/pro/ SoundAboutPro_1.3.5/smali/com/woodslink/android/wiredheadphoneroutingfix/pro/
Only in SoundAboutPro_1.3.4/smali/com/woodslink/android/wiredheadphoneroutingfix/pro/: BackgroundService.smali
Only in SoundAboutPro_1.3.4/smali/com/woodslink/android/wiredheadphoneroutingfix/pro/: BuildConfig.smali
Only in SoundAboutPro_1.3.4/smali/com/woodslink/android/wiredheadphoneroutingfix/pro/: Helper.smali
Only in SoundAboutPro_1.3.4/smali/com/woodslink/android/wiredheadphoneroutingfix/pro/: LicenseActivity.smali
Only in SoundAboutPro_1.3.4/smali/com/woodslink/android/wiredheadphoneroutingfix/pro/: LicenseReceiver.smali

EXCEPTION
Code:
D/AndroidRuntime(25115): Shutting down VM
E/AndroidRuntime(25115): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(25115): Process: com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro, PID: 25115
E/AndroidRuntime(25115): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro/com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro.LicenseActivity}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro.LicenseActivity" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib64, /system/lib64]]
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2283)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2440)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:162)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1349)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5430)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:913)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:706)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115): Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro.LicenseActivity" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib64, /system/lib64]]
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:56)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:469)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at android.app.Instrumentation.newActivity(Instrumentation.java:1066)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2273)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        ... 10 more
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        Suppressed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro.LicenseActivity
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):                at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):                at java.lang.BootClassLoader.findClass(ClassLoader.java:781)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):                at java.lang.BootClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:504)
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):                ... 13 more
E/AndroidRuntime(25115):        Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found using the boot class loader; no stack available

badenglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:21 am

SoundAbout is making sure SoundAbout Pro is running so that it can call Google Play licensing.

The strange thing is that LicenseActivity does exist. Here is the definition:

package com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.pro;

public class LicenseActivity extends Activity
{
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:28 am

Can you try the latest version in the beta download section?

I am trying to see if closing the LicenseActivity too early is causing the issue.

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by badenglish Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:59 am

I downloaded the beta version of both the SoundAbout APK and Pro APK, cleared app cache, and restarted my device. Both appear to now work together with no crashing.

Thanks for such a quick turnaround of a new beta to test for resolution. I'm about to retire as it's almost midnight. Have a good one and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

badenglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:08 am

Excellent! I will put it up on Google Play.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simone.agazzi Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:26 am

Hi guys,

i'm not able to open the app again after upgrading to pro.

I'm on 2.6.9.8

Any tips?

simone.agazzi

Back to top Go down

Post by badenglish Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:40 am

Hi Simone,

As a fellow user, my first thought is to ensure you are also using the SoundAboutPro version 1.3.6. If you don't see that version in Play Store yet, you can download from links in posts above.

Also, it may be helpful to go in Settings->Apps and locate both SoundAbout apps in Download section to Force Stop and clear cache. Then reboot to see if that resolves.

If you still have issues, it may help to use adb to do a logcat to a file and provide it for the owner of the forum to review.

badenglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:11 am

Yes, you will need SoundAbout Pro 1.3.6.

Restart the phone after installing.

Also, like mentioned, you can go into
Settings->Applications and locate both SoundAbout apps in Download section to Force Stop and clear cache. Then reboot to see if that resolves.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by btb43 Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm having this problem. I had the trial version installed, bought pro, and now stuck at the blank SoundAbout Pro Key screen when I try to start the app.

I've tried the solutions above, stopping both apps, clearing cache and rebooting but still stuck. I've also installed the main app, not Pro Key, reinstalled and rebooted but it hasn't solved the problem.

I have SoundAbout v 2.7.0.1 and Pro Key v 1.3.7  Android 6.0

What can I try next?

EDIT: I found the problem was a setting on my phone to allow SoundAbout to be launched by another app, namely the Pro Key app

btb43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down