SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting SA to "On" stops Google Now from talking

3 posters

Go down

Setting SA to "On" stops Google Now from talking Empty Setting SA to "On" stops Google Now from talking

Post by DavidRSF Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:25 am

Galaxy Note 4
After restart, using Bluetooth headset, can do the "OK Google!" prompt and get spoken answers. ("What time is it?" / "9:02 PM")

If I set SA to "ON," Google Now stops talking, and just displays responses.

If I set SA back to "OFF" Google Now still refuses to talk until I restart the phone.

DavidRSF

Back to top Go down

Setting SA to "On" stops Google Now from talking Empty Re: Setting SA to "On" stops Google Now from talking

Post by NXLTrauma25 Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:15 pm

Running into the same issue. Call Volume becomes the only thing the volume rockers can control as well when that (or music) plays until the next restart or I force close everything.

NXLTrauma25

Back to top Go down

Setting SA to "On" stops Google Now from talking Empty Re: Setting SA to "On" stops Google Now from talking

Post by SoundAbout Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:36 am

What version of Android are you using?

How do you initiate the Google Now to prompt when using a Bluetooth headset?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidRSF Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:53 am

5.1.1 (When I first posted this, it might have been 5.1.0)

By saying "Hello Google!"

I reinstalled SA to test this. Restarted phone.
Set SA up for Bluetooth. Restarted phone.
After a restart, SA came up active, with all audio routed to bluetooth earpiece (edge)
Google Now responded with a spoken answer - once. Then it went to silent mode, even after I turned SA turned off.
Restarted phone, Google Now consistently responded with spoken answers. I could close it repeatedly and summon it repeatedly with OK Google!. Each time, it gave a spoken answer to the query.
Turned SA back on.
Google Now responded to a time request with a spoken answer.
Closed Google Now (with return button).
Summoned it again, and it was back in silent mode.
So I seem to get one good interaction with it after SA has been activated. Once I close the Now window, I can't get a spoken response again, until I restart the handset.
Thanks!

DavidRSF

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:28 pm

OK, so you have Google Now to constantly listen for "Google Now" command. You are keep the phone in Bluetooth (mono) mode using the SoundAbout "Media audio" setting to "Bluetooth (mono)".

When you say "silent mode" does that mean Google Now isn't responding or the phone is going into vibrate/silent mode?

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidRSF Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Yes, it is set to listen for Google Now at all times.
This time, I had Media Audio on the main panel set to "Let App Decide."
I had Connectable Devices | Bluetooth settings | Media audio behavior set to "Bluetooth (A2DP).
I'm sorry, I don't remember how these were set when I originally started the post. This how they are set now.

I meant that it was not vocalizing anymore. It had switched back to only showing card-style responses to any query.

The voyager edge is using the PLT hub app. It is a mono headphone, but it accepts both mono and A2DP-directed audio.

Thanks very much!

(My goal is that when a Bluetooth device is connected, no audio will come from the phone, and all normal audio will route to the Bluetooth earpiece or other Bluetooth device.)

DavidRSF

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue May 24, 2016 12:34 am

OK, I see what happened.

Google Now had Settings / Voice / Bluetooth Headset turned on.

When you use a headset that is both Bluetooth A2DP media and Bluetooth SCO (mono) phone, SoundAbout was only turning on the Bluetooth A2DP media channel. Google now is trying to send the audio to Bluetooth SCO (mono) because "Settings / Voice / Bluetooth Headset" is turned on.

If you turned that off, then the audio would go to the Bluetooth headset via Bluetooth A2DP.

Instead, I've found a way to allow both.

New versions have just been uploaded to Google play that will fix this issue.

You can get them now from the Beta section located here (need a login to the message board). There is also Betas for SoundAbout and SoundAbout Pro.
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down