SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screen Mirroring and Audio Output to Bluetooth

3 posters

Go down

Screen Mirroring and Audio Output to Bluetooth Empty Screen Mirroring and Audio Output to Bluetooth

Post by maxxpwr Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi,

I recently got a Samsung All-Share device which allows me to use the screen mirroring function on my Samsung Note 4 phone. However, whenever I start the screen sharing, the phone sends the audio to the All-Share device as well as the video. Instead I want the audio to go to my stereo Bluetooth speakers connected via A2DP when that connection has been made.

I thought SoundAbout would be the perfect solution but it doesn't appear to work for this particular purpose. After initiating the screen mirroring, selecting different output options for the Media Audio doesn't appear to do anything, sound is still going to the All-Share device over WiFi.

Any ideas?

maxxpwr

Back to top Go down

Screen Mirroring and Audio Output to Bluetooth Empty Re: Screen Mirroring and Audio Output to Bluetooth

Post by maxxpwr Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:40 am

I know waving around $2.99 isn't going to entice action for my immediate case, but I promise to advertise this far and wide if it can be resolved. This functionality would solve the issue for a lot of people who are looking for a solution to this. They may not realize that this is the solution, but it could be.

Like many others, I've installed a so called "video interface" in our new car. A video interface is a box that attaches to a vehicle and uses its built-in LCD screen for things like back up cameras, and screen mirroring with smartphones. One of the problems is that these types of video interfaces do not provide an audio feed, so the audio must be sent to the vehicle stereo system through some other means. Bluetooth is ideal in this case since it's in nearly every vehicle with a large LCD display screen. The current screen mirroring function in smartphones, however, seems to force audio to go along with the video. So if the audio could be split to go to Bluetooth while screen mirroring, I will let all of the install shops know that this is a tool they can use to make that happen.

Thanks for listening. Smile

maxxpwr

Back to top Go down

Screen Mirroring and Audio Output to Bluetooth Empty Re: Screen Mirroring and Audio Output to Bluetooth

Post by SoundAbout Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:23 pm

I noticed that If I go into an app, like Google Play Music, and mirror the audio to my TV, then SoundAbout cannot change the audio routing as the music app has control.

If I mirror my whole phone, from my status bar, then play music, I can change the routing using SoundAbout.

Once I change from Wifi to wired headset, speaker, or Bluetooth, then I must set "media audio" setting to "Wifi" to get the audio back to the TV.

Where do you connect the casting from?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gunnm Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:01 am

Hi,
I have purchased SoundAbout for send the audio at bluetooth and use miracast for video.
And it's work ..... but just the first time
To use it again i need to erase data from application (I have tested just stop and launch the app but that doesn't work).

But when I have erased data and relaunch the app (with miracast already connected) I have the sound on bluetooth.

If you can add a button to do the same directly from application it will be perfect (I don't understand why you need to erase data).

Best regards

gunnm

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:18 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "erase data".

Are you going to the Android Manage Apps and clearing the data for SoundAbout or are you changing the settings within SoundAbout and relaunching?

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gunnm Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Yes i'm going to android manage apps and clearing the data for sound about.

I have also tested to put off soundabout and restart and sometime it works

gunnm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down