SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVRCP control from one device while routing media audio to another device

2 posters

Go down

AVRCP control from one device while routing media audio to another device Empty AVRCP control from one device while routing media audio to another device

Post by egalitarian Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:57 am

I have an AVRCP compatible car player (XCarLink BT) which allows for controlling my android phone from the steering wheel but its BT audio quality is not very good. It would be nice if I'm able to keep the AVRCP remote control ability of the player while routing the media audio to another BT device (e.g. APTX capable) and then feed its output to the player line in input. So probably something like selecting AVRCP input and media output is needed. I hope that I am making sense. Thanks.

egalitarian

Back to top Go down

AVRCP control from one device while routing media audio to another device Empty Re: AVRCP control from one device while routing media audio to another device

Post by SoundAbout Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:35 pm

I don't know if having two Bluetooth devices will work. To get audio to the player line (3.5 mm headset cable?), SoundAbout needs to shut off the Bluetooth connection to get the wired headset cable to work.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

AVRCP control from one device while routing media audio to another device Empty Re: AVRCP control from one device while routing media audio to another device

Post by egalitarian Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:58 pm

So if I'm understanding correctly bt + avrcp is a maybe while USB audio or headphone jack + avrcp is definitely no, right?

egalitarian

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Yes, because devices pair to the phone with two profiles. There is phone and media. The AVRCP is "used in concert" with A2DP profile (media).

If the A2DP (media) profile has to be kept open, the phone audio will use it. SoundAbout has to disable the A2DP connection to force a wired headset or USB. This will also disable the AVRCP functionality. Bluetooth A2DP along with AVRCP should work as that is the default functionality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles#Audio.2FVideo_Remote_Control_Profile_.28AVRCP.29
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by egalitarian Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Thanks

egalitarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down