SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galaxy note 2/Bluetooth Mic Not Working for Voice Commands

Go down

Galaxy note 2/Bluetooth Mic Not Working for Voice Commands Empty Galaxy note 2/Bluetooth Mic Not Working for Voice Commands

Post by jsirak Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:35 pm

I use SoundAbout Pro to overcome the well known problem of Galaxy phones not switching media audio to wired headphones plugged into the 3.5 jack. In order to reroute the music, I have to select Media Audio to "Wired Headphones." While listening to music, I use a AD2P-capable BT headset (BlueAnt Q2). 

The problem arises when attempting voice replies to SMS messages using apps like SMS+Car and Enhanced SMS, which allow voice responses to incoming SMS texts.  These apps work fine with SoundAbout uninstalled, and with SoundAbout Media Audio selected to "Let App Decide." But then I lose the ability to listen to music via wired speakers. Selecting the Microphone Override option in Bluetooth Behavior does not solve the problem.  I also have the bluetooth headset option selected in system settings/voice search.

Interestingly, my bluetooth microphone works fine during phone calls in this configuration. 

This problem applies to both the latest version in Google Play, as well as the 2.4.9.5 beta.

Thank you in advance for your help!

jsirak

Back to top Go down