SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using voice commands via Cardo Scala Q1 Motorcycle helmet bluetooth

2 posters

Go down

Using voice commands via Cardo Scala Q1 Motorcycle helmet bluetooth Empty Using voice commands via Cardo Scala Q1 Motorcycle helmet bluetooth

Post by BryanG Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running KitKat 4.4.2 on a CyanogenMod ROM with a paid version of SoundAbout installed.
I have SpeaktoAssist, Google Now, Voice Dialer, S-Voice and Dialer.
I have a Cardo Scala Rider Q1 Bluetooth in-helmet communication system.

The aim is to press the button on the side of the Q1, have my phone respond and be able to send voice commands to my phone (which is in my pocket) through the microphone in the helmet.

Currently, when I press the Q1 button, the speakers in the helmet come alive (faint hiss) and my phone asks me which application I would like to use (see list above). I select one of the options (have been through them all one by one) and try to speak into the helmet mike. My phone cannot here me. I have been through the apps and made sure "use Bluetooth headset" is checked where ever I can. Also, I cannot hear voice prompts through the helmet speakers. I played around with the settings in SoundAbout and got the helmet speakers to work once - but as I was trying to get the mike to go, the speakers stopped working and I have no idea which setting is applicable.

Are you able to offer me any pointers please? The Q1 has a built-in radio so all I need the phone for is voice commands and phone calls.

Thanks in advance!
Bryan

BryanG

Back to top Go down

Using voice commands via Cardo Scala Q1 Motorcycle helmet bluetooth Empty Re: Using voice commands via Cardo Scala Q1 Motorcycle helmet bluetooth

Post by SoundAbout Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Give this Beta a try. I updated the methods used to connect to a Bluetooth mono device (microphone/headset)

Connect helmet and set the SoundAbout "Media audio" setting to "Bluetooth mono".

There are also a lot of new Notification/Ringer settings.

You may want to clear the app cache and data, install and restart the phone.

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down