SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can´t send commands throught bluetooth headset

3 posters

Go down

I can´t send commands throught bluetooth headset Empty I can´t send commands throught bluetooth headset

Post by mlesir Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello. First sorry for my bad english. I am a menber of forum about tasker and we have so many problems with voice recognition and bluetooth. We would like use Autovoice plugin (You know it?) and say commands and do react the phone to them.
I have a samsung galaxy note 1 (GT 7000) with cyanogen rom 4.3. And i have a bluetooth headset mono and a Jabra STREET2 bluetooth headset with this carasteristic: Bluetooth compliance Qualified for Bluetooth Specification version 3.0 + EDR (enhanced data rate)
Supported Bluetooth profiles Headset and Hands-free Profiles for phone conversations and Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
(A2DP) for streaming music and AVRCP for audio remote control.

I follow this instructions of one of your post:

If you have the SoundAbout Pro key, then the Bluetooth functions are enabled.
If you go into the Bluetooth Behavior setting, there is a setting called "(Mono) microphone override".
This setting will use the Bluetooth device's microphone for voice searches, but leave the audio output set to what ever you have set in the app.
The microphone will stay on while this setting is checked

but when i start the voice recognition the phone its blocked, what i mean its that the circle not do anything, its seems to be freeze or hold. I try with two apps, google now and with swiftkey. Dont works.

I try the google play version and after the new beta ( first i unisntalled the old, and clean cache and dates, and forced the close of the app).

What i am doing bad?

mlesir

Back to top Go down

I can´t send commands throught bluetooth headset Empty Re: I can´t send commands throught bluetooth headset

Post by SoundAbout Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:04 am

Are you using Google Now?

If media audio is set to Bluetooth mono causing both audio output and microphone to be the headset, then Google
now will NOT listen to the "OK Google" command.

If "'Bluetooth behavior" / "(Mono) Audio usage" setting is turned on causing both audio output and microphone to be the headset, then Google now will NOT listen to the "OK Google" command.

If you only have the (Mono) microphone override turned on, then Google Now should listen and respond to the "Google Now" command. If not, then may be an issue with the ROM. There have been cases in the past where certain ROMs will cause Google Now not not work at all when Bluetooth is in use.

Another app to check out that interacts with Google Now, but listens for you command constantly, even if Google now is not in the foreground is an app named "Open Mic+".

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

I can´t send commands throught bluetooth headset Empty Re: I can´t send commands throught bluetooth headset

Post by mlesir Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Ok.Thanks.I will try what you say and then i respond you. I hope i can found
a few time to test.

mlesir

Back to top Go down

Post by mlesir Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Finally i tested it acording what you say me. It seems nothing fix, seems its impossible.

I install soundabout again.I checked or clik microphone override turned on. I try with write in Whatsapp with swiftkey, Tasker´s plugin Autovoice, google now (to do this i install it because i dont use it). I try with normal and last soundabout beta.
The result is always the same: the icon of the microphone is hold, dont react.
I suppose its a problem with samsung or cyanogen ROM.

mlesir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pariah Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm

mlesir wrote:Finally i tested it acording what you say me. It seems nothing fix, seems its impossible.

I install soundabout again.I checked or clik microphone override turned on. I try with write in Whatsapp with swiftkey, Tasker´s plugin Autovoice, google now (to do this i install it because i dont use it). I try with normal and last soundabout beta.
The result is always the same: the icon of the microphone is hold, dont react.
I suppose its a problem with samsung or cyanogen ROM.

This could be the case very easily if you use a Samsung or Motorola and probably HTC phones.  The reason being companies use custom overlays in android.  These overlays vary in how deep they are intertwined in to the system, but they can do things like add extra commands, variables and other things that normal Android does not have or is set to use by default so you will find you can't use certain hardware [camera, and bluetooth devices are 2 BIG examples of this] or if you can it never FULLY works.  This is because the device is looking for certain commands/communication to be done in a way that Android will not do without the overlay present to interpret them for the system.

I have this issue on just about EVERY Samsung Galaxy I have seen.  Bluetooth for instance works when I use CM on my Galaxy S2 [Tmobile US T989], but not fully [my bluetooth to device phonebook access [PBAP] usually stops working, and the connection is not always stable, and my voice sounds really low volume on the other end. With the camera the video side does not work and only shows a garbled image on the screen and in any recordings I try [usually in newest CM as there are ways to code around these things and it can be done, but takes a lot of time and effort so older CM versions like 10 are in a much more solid state than the newest 11 nightlies].  If I switch to a ROM that is TouchWiz Based [Samsung's overlay is called Touchwiz] I find that I get the Bluetooth PBAP working, my voice sounds great on the other end and bluetooth is super stable, AND my camera's video recording works just like it should.  Final example is apps in CM it is a crap shoot as to whether Samsung apps like S-Voice or Memo or any of them work with an AOSP or CM based ROM, but again in a Touchwiz ROM they all work as they should because parts of them rely on things found in Samsung's overlay usually [there are ways to hack this requirement out of the apps, but it is not sure fire fix].

SO, dunno the manufacturer of your phone, but you may want to try a custom ROM that is fully based on a ROM that has your manufacturer's overlay included within the ROM that may help your Bluetooth to better operate with the phone.

Hope this helps

Pariah

Back to top Go down

Post by mlesir Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:57 pm

thanks very very much Pariah .This is the first time i had could read something understable to me. This help me so much.Now i know what i must do,i will look for a Rom that works.
Another time thank you for your time and interest.

mlesir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pariah Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:25 am

mlesir wrote:thanks very very much Pariah .This is the first time i had could read something understable to me. This help me so much.Now i know what i must do,i will look for a Rom that works.
Another time thank you for your time and interest.

No problem, yeah folks usually wonder what the difference between an AOSP ROM and one with an Overlay and those are the basics the overlay adds extra functionality and hardware access that standard Android does not have.  

Again, there are ways to code around it and still have any device run AOSP Android, but they have to take the time to find what's different and get it working in a way that does not include copyrighted code from the manufacturer.  This code can also be not as good since the people who are nice enough to spend their free time to recode in a usable way do not usually have access to the full device schematics for all the devices in every phone/tablet and so they are usually making educated guesses and trial and error to get it going.  This can mean that it is not as nice as what you may get from the manufacturer OR in SOME cases it may end up better even, but it's a guessing game as to which is which sometimes.  Look for a ROM that says it is based on the overlay for the manufacturer of your phone. I use Touchwiz based ROMs and yeah some of the look leaves some to be desired but rock solid device performance for things like the Bluetooth is a must [Android itself still has a lot of issues to work out with the core of the Bluetooth stack, I am only talking about the devices interaction with it's Bluetooth chip not the features and functionality of the core Android Bluetooth stack itself think device drivers for computers and it is the same thing. Remember in Linux especially for Graphics card how you can choose between open source drivers and proprietary drivers for ATI and nVidia cards? same idea here].

Manufacturer Overlay list [may and prolly is not definitive but what I am aware of]
-----
Touchwiz based if it is Samsung

MotoBlur based for Motorola, though this is changing as Google now owns what was Motorola's mobile phone division so NEW devices from them may either have Motoblur a new different overlay [doubtful] or they may go AOSP Android. I am not sure as I stick with Samsung Galaxies after a bad experience with Motorola Cliq XT, so not sure personally. I still use a Galaxy S2 [Tmo T989] and it still runs all the newest stuff has a sweet Snap Dragon Dual Core 1.5GHz CPU and nice GPU so I have STILL no real need to upgrade after like 2 years now which is amazing.

Sense based if it is an HTC phone

Hope that helps :-)

Pariah

Back to top Go down

Post by mlesir Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:18 am

Thanks another time Pariah.Sorry I had been busy these days and its not easy for me read and respond your message because my english.
Another question: we talk about normal voice recognition,but what about continuous voice recognition mode through a bluetooth mic? I read that its not possible.In fact the Autovoice developer,say its not possible or at least he dont know how do it. Autovoice its a plugin for tasker app that allows send the results of voice recognition to tasker app to play or programm with this results in tasker app.Probably you know both,...or not.
Anyway i have to do same test to confirm what you say me but i think you are right,because when i have official rom in my note 1 i could say commands with my bluetooth headset but like i said you never i was could send voice when i use continiuous mode.

mlesir

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:23 am

mlesir,

Pariah is right about those extra layers from the manufactures. They can cause headaches..especially for developers! Learning to Root and install ROMs over at XDA Developers Forum can allow you to get around a lot of those issues.

For continueous voice recognition, there is an app that will run in the status bar and listen for your command. When it hears your command it will run Google Now.

The app is here:
Open Mic
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down