SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth (media) will not connect automatically.

2 posters

Go down

Bluetooth (media) will not connect automatically. Empty Bluetooth (media) will not connect automatically.

Post by srv99 Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:02 pm

I have a Galaxy Nexus (4.2.1) conecting to my Rav 4 using 2.5.0 and the Pro key verion 1.1.6.  When using apps like BeyondPod, it does not connect properly.  I have found that if I go into Bluetooth - (Mono) microphone overide and toggle it on and then off, everything then works correctly.  Is there something that I can do so that I don't have to do this everytime I connect to the car?

Thanks,
srv99

srv99

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth (media) will not connect automatically. Empty Re: Bluetooth (media) will not connect automatically.

Post by SoundAbout Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 pm

When you say "Bluetooth media" will not connect automatically, are you saying that your Rav4 supports both Bluetooth media and Bluetooth phone?

If the Rav4 only supports Bluetooth phone, and you want to listen to podcasts over Bluetooth through your car speakers, then the settings are different.

If the Rav4 does support Bluetooth media, and you are paired and connected, then the audio should be sent to your Rav4 Bluetooth media connection. I will have to check with BeyondPod and see if they have any settings that could be overriding what SoundAbout is trying to do.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth (media) will not connect automatically. Empty Re: Bluetooth (media) will not connect automatically.

Post by srv99 Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Yes, the Rav4 supports both media and phone.  It used to be that when I got into the car, the BT connected and I could use either the phone or BeyondPod automatically. Over time, the phone OS, beyondpod and SoundAbout have all been upgraded so I don't know what change caused it not to work anymore.

Now when I get in the car, BT connects but BeyondPod plays out of my phone, not the car speakers - the car radio plays normally. I then open up SoundAbout, go to BT media and check (Mono) microphone override.  The Radio then goes silent.  Next, I uncheck it and the car radio comes back on.  Now when I go back to BeyondPod and hit play, the car radio stops and the podcast plays through the car speakers.  If I receive a phone call, it pauses the podcast and I can use the phone through the car. Once the phone call is disconnected, the podcast starts up again. 

If I ever shut off the car and the BT disconnects, I have to go through the whole process again.

srv99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down