SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do not hear any audio when using Media Audio "Let app decide"

2 posters

Go down

Do not hear any audio when using Media Audio "Let app decide"  Empty Do not hear any audio when using Media Audio "Let app decide"

Post by darylcb Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Hello the app is great and it does what I initially intended for it to do.
My only issue which I didn't see on your trouble shooting web pages is when I want to connect to my phone to the auxiliary jack via wire. When I have the "Media Audio" set to "let app decide," I do not hear anything not even my Bluetooth a2dp when I unplug the wire and switch the Bluetooth on. I would have to either put it on wire or Bluetooth which ever I'm using at the time which is annoying.
I have a Galaxy S4. Please let me know if I'm doing something incorrect.

darylcb

Back to top Go down

Do not hear any audio when using Media Audio "Let app decide"  Empty Re: Do not hear any audio when using Media Audio "Let app decide"

Post by SoundAbout Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:24 pm

With the "media audio" setting on "Let app decide", the app will favor Bluetooth A2DP if there is a device that is paired and connected to your phone.

With the "media audio" setting on "Let app decide" (no Bluetooth A2DP device connected), it should automatically switch to wired headphone mode when you plug in the auxiliary 3.5mm cable. When you un-plug the cable it would switch to the phone's speaker (unless the phone has an issue with not being able to detect headphones being plugged in).

1) If you go into SoundAbout's "Wired Headset behavior" and look at the "Wired Headset detection" setting; is it checked?

2) If you go into SoundAbout's "Bluetooth behavior" and look at the "(A2DP) Media audio usage"" setting; is it checked?

3) If #2 is checked, could there be a Bluetooth A2DP device connected with the volume turned down all the way that is near the phone?

4) Does the S4 have some built-in audio profiles that could be affected the audio? I usually just turn those profiles off.

Also, If you want, try the latest Beta version located here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down