SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galaxy S4 navigation through phone speaker issue

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Galaxy S4 navigation through phone speaker issue - Page 2 Empty Re: Galaxy S4 navigation through phone speaker issue

Post by jaqc19 Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:45 am

I downloaded 2.5.7.8.6 on January 1 and have been using it since then. I'm still having the issue of all my sounds muting, but I narrowed it down. When I make or receive a call through bluetooth, the other sounds (navigation, bluetooth audio, etc.) mute as they should.

After the call finishes, my music app starts up again, but I don't get any sound, and my other sounds are all muted, without the ability to adjust the volume. If I turn bluetooth off and on again, it seems to return to normal.

jaqc19

Back to top Go down

Galaxy S4 navigation through phone speaker issue - Page 2 Empty Re: Galaxy S4 navigation through phone speaker issue

Post by SoundAbout Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:09 am

It could have been the temporary muting while switching audio outputs.

Can you try the new Beta version here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jaqc19 Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:16 am

The muting issue is gone, but the issue with later directions sometimes being said earlier in a trip is still there. I can live with that if there is no solution. At least I can listen to the radio and still hear the navigation. Thanks again.

jaqc19

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:51 pm

The muting issue fix will be in the latest version going to Google Play in a few hours.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaqc19 Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 am

I'm having a couple new strange issues that I'm assuming are probably related:

1. If I am listening to music through my car bluetooth using the stock music app, when I get directions from Google Maps through my phone speaker, the music pauses as expected. However, after the directions, the music sometimes doesn't start back up. Other times, Double Twist, another music app that I sometimes use, will start up instead. The same happens if I'm using Double Twist. Sometimes the music doesn't start back up and sometimes the stock app will start instead.

2. A couple times (it doesn't happen every time), while listening to music through my car bluetooth, all of a sudden, the Google Maps directions audio stopped working. The music pauses when the directions are being "spoken", but I don't hear anything, not through the phone speaker nor through the car speaker. I haven't had a chance to test what needs to be done to get it to work again. Either it's turning the car off and back on, or it's exiting Google Maps and going back in, or it's both. All I know for sure is that if I get to my destination, shut the car and leave, when I return to my car, it seems to work again.

jaqc19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaqc19 Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:04 am

These issues are now happening pretty much every time I listen to music through my car bluetooth. Because the direction audio stops, Google maps pretty much becomes unusable if I don't remember to look at the screen when I get close to a turn.

Also, it gets annoying when the music doesn't start back up or the other music app starts instead with a different song.

Thanks,

Josh

jaqc19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaqc19 Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 am

I have some new info. The last few times I used nav was while listening to Bluetooth music, so I assumed that was the issue. However, today, I was listening to the radio while using nav. The sound from nav cut out after making a phone call, so I don't know if the phone Bluetooth is the trigger for that or if it's any Bluetooth audio.

jaqc19

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 am

1) The music pause stuff. I am getting rid of the code that tries to do this during TTS processing. The music apps are supposed to detect phone calls, TTS,..etc (when they lose/gain audio focus) and respond accordingly.
If the music app is good, it will give you options on how the music player responds.
The music player is the best place for this (not an outside app like SoundAbout), because there could be multiple things running (even in background) that will respond as "YES" when SoundAbout asks Android "is music playing" BEFORE TTS began.
AFTER TTS is finished, SoundAbout will continue the music because "something" answered YES to "is music playing".
Sometimes this doesn't work depending on what various music apps are installed on the phone.
Also, as you have noticed, the "continue music" command can also bring up a different music app if that app responds to the "continue music" command first.
What Android needs is a way to send a response for WHAT music player is in use when asked "is music playing".
Android also needs a way to REQUEST which music app to use when "continuing music".
Until there is a way to do that, I need to take that code out and hope that the music player knows what to do.

2) Google maps stopping. I am looking at this type of issue now. I think Android is killing the background SoundAbout TTS service even when an app, like Google maps is using the service, but is idle.

If you want, you can try some of the work I am doing now to prevent this. The Betas are here:

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaqc19 Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Thanks. I'm now on the latest beta (.3). I know you're still working on it, and that's fine, but I have more relevant info that might help with the troubleshooting.

The music issue seems to be gone so far.

As far as the tts audio cutting out, I did two 20 minute trips today. On the first trip, I did lose audio. On the second trip I didn't. However, both times, after I shut my car off, SoundAbout stayed on (the icon didn't disappear at the top). That's a new thing since this beta update. Both times, when I turned the car back on, I had no tts audio until I restarted my phone.

Also, I tried the new allow tts during phone call feature, but that messed up all the audio. For about 10 seconds, the phone audio went through Bluetooth as it should, but tts also went through Bluetooth, instead of the phone speaker like I have it set. Then the phone audio switched from my car Bluetooth to the phone's earpiece (not even the speaker) and tts stayed by the Bluetooth instead of speaker. When I got off the phone, my music started going through the speaker instead of Bluetooth and tts stayed by Bluetooth instead of the speaker. After a few seconds, everything went back to normal. I turned off that feature for now.

jaqc19

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:25 am

I just uploaded the Beta version the other day. The status bar settings are now merged with the SoundAbout service setting which simpler.

There are also new Alert/notification/ringer settings.

If you already have SoundAbout installed and you want to install the Beta, first go into phone settings, Manage apps, find SoundAbout and click it. Click Clear cache, clear data, force stop and un-install. Then install the new Beta fresh. I also usually restart the phone, just to start the services fresh as well.

The beta is here:
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2